New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tank build with Tropica soil

Started by charlie, October 05, 2015, 01:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Thanks exv152.
I originally started dosing PPS  but after a couple of weeks I cut back to 2X a week the daily recommend dose & some  weeks  once.
Regards

aciport

Quote from: charlie on December 03, 2015, 01:58:47 PM
Update:
This will probably be the last update for a while on this project.
My conclusion of the Tropica soil is that it`s a very good substrate, plants respond really well with very little fertilization. The buffering capacity is a bit more aggressive than ADA especially in our already soft water .
I really like the grain size of the powdered version.

Great updates. Just out of curiosity, what readings are you getting on the kH/gH with the soil? How soft is the water out in your neck of the woods to begin with?

charlie

Quote from: aciport on December 04, 2015, 02:08:02 PM
Great updates. Just out of curiosity, what readings are you getting on the kH/gH with the soil? How soft is the water out in your neck of the woods to begin with?
At this time i`m getting a KH of 3 & GH of 1-2 from the tap, with the soil it`s 0 Kh & 2-3 GH .
Errol

charlie

Update:
About 4 weeks ago, i decide to re do this tank, retaining the Tropica soil.
I switched the plants to 2 species from the Tropica 1 2 Grow list -Littorella uniflora  &
Marsilea crenata, upgraded the light to a ChihirosA-Series LED Light  ( Aquasense Montreal)
Live stock are Chilli Rasboras ( Big thanks to Elonore from  Montreal), the last 4 remaining Green Neons, Otto Cats,Pygmy cories.
This is the tank now after approx. a month`s growth

charlie

Tank pulled down to make room for another.