New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Montreal Auction

Started by Jody, October 13, 2015, 03:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya Folks,

I was just looking around, and noticed that their fall auction is early this year.

Normally it is near the end of November, but this year it is Nov 8th, so just a couple of weeks from now.

http://aquasam.qc.ca/?p=1766

It has been a fun day, and there always seems to be good stuff to be had.

I may go up, and have place for a couple of people as well as their styro boxes, and we could split the cost of the gas for the trip (probably less than $10 a person if there are 3 or 4 of us)

It starts at 11, so getting a nice early start is a good option, probably around 8 ish.

Jody

francois

The registration form is now open ( http://www.aquasam.qc.ca/enregistrement/enregistrement.php ).

English page for the detail on how it goes, when it starts, etc... (http://aquasam.qc.ca/?p=1766)

Already over 300 items registered.

Remember: any person who preregisters lots before 23h 59 on the Wednesday preceding the Super Auction will receive three (3) extra tickets for the door prize drawings.

Jody

I am looking forward to the auction!
I still have room for 1 more person in the car if they are interested in going.

Jody

Jellyanne

Who's going?
And is there usually small aquariums or mainly fishes?
Should there be shrimps expected?

Is there a list of the lots?

Thank you

Jellyanne
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

limed

There are shrimps, aquariums, plants, filters, fish, pleco's, wood, fish food, etc but no used heaters and air pump.
in less they are brand new. Buying anything used might work or not. It's a fun time and you can win prizes. If you
go, sit with the OVAS group they can use the help with the numbers in french.  Jody may have room.   I will miss this one
this year but will send stuff down with the guy's. You will meet a lot of nice people that are in the same hobby and have fun.
Bring some drink and food with you.

Ed

Jellyanne

Thanks Ed!

I know I've met you twice but I also don't want to go with a bucnh of people I don't know yet !
Is anyone from the club meet going?
Jellyanne

Herstead

Stephanie and I are going in Jody's car. Not sure if I have met you as I do not know peoples online handles all that well.

- Jonathan Herstead
Current Set-Up: Mixed Reef 250g DT + 100g in Sump
Inhabitants: 2 Snowflake Clowns, 8 Bimac Anthias, 2 Mandarin Dragonets, Vigratus Rabbit Fish, Flame Angel, Purple Chromis, Atlantic Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang and lots of inverts.
Next Step: Set up controller and ATO. Really need to do this.

Jellyanne

Yes thanks Jonathan,
I was on your team and we won the trivia, I'm the shrimp newbie
I might consider going then even if I end up only helping out with the french.
I am still hoping to find some low price nano tanks.
I'll check with my husband and will come back to Jody soon about the 1 spot left.
What time you leave? and where do you leave from?
Jellyanne

Jody

Hi Jellyanne,

Currently the car looks like it will be full, but I am just waiting for confirmation from Charlie that he is coming.

I am not sure if others from the club are going or not, but in the past we have done a convoy, and can certainly plan to meet up at a location on the way out of town.

The plan is to leave at around 8 am.

Jody

Jody

So I do still have 1 spot in the car after all if you are interested Jellyanne.

Jody

francois

6 days from now and already 340 registered items.

Jellyanne

Okay guys I will go, 8am isn't that early.
Just let me know the meeting point since I have a good 30 min ride to get to Ottawa
I'll look up what else I need to bring.
Jellyanne

limed

Bring $$$$$ and a cooler to put the fish in that you buy, bring food and drink to eat during the day.
Bring a pen and paper to write things down. Bring some extra bags to re-bag if needed.

Ed 

Jody

Hi Jellyanne

That's great news that you will be able to make it.
The easiest place to meet is probably in front of the Big Al's on Innes.
I'll pick up Jonathan and Stephanie just before 8 then grab a coffee and meet you there.
Jody

Biulu

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

For cheap tanks in general: combine your auction visit with a trip to Aquatica for hardware and a 5 min. ride from there is Pet Nature Pointe Claire (a Hagen store, but normally with a nice fish selection).

Jody

I try to get to Nature Pet when I have a chance to,  but likely by the time the auction is done it will be almost closed.

Jody

Jellyanne

All right Jody,

I will figure out how to get to Big al's today and I'll be there sunday morning with my coffee and everything else I need. Since I've met Jonathan and Stephanie they'll be able to know who I am. Altough I will probably be the only person there !

See you guys on sunday

Jellyanne
Jellyanne

Jellyanne

I wanted to share how much fun it was and how happy I was to win  :P

For those wondering what was in the box, it's actually a Lily pipe outflow and pipe inflow. Which I discovered is used in pair with a filter. Now I need a filter to make it work. It is still an awesome prize!!

Thanks a lot to SAM for hosting the auction.

And thanks to Jody for the ride and to all the others that helped me find things and answered my many questions!

I'm glad I went
Jellyanne
Jellyanne