New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Emergency Hospital Tank

Started by Jellyanne, October 31, 2015, 08:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyanne

Please post if you want to elaborate as the choices could only cover a little bit of details. As a newbie I would love to learn about how the others care for their sick fish.
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

bland

Haven't had a emergency yet, but I am running a sponge filter (bubbler) in my tank along with my main filters.  If ever I need a hospital tank I'll just use a large tupperware bin and toss the sponge filter in there.

Sponge filter is also what will keep my tank alive in the case of a extended power outage.

Mike L

Just a note on sponge filter.  If you go to any outdoor store and get a bait bucket battery pump you can run the sponge filter. Ran this in my tank during an extended power outage.  Works great.

Jellyanne

Thanks guys! This bucket idea might be a good one, I'm thinking we might be stuck with power outage this winter and I was thinking about the water critters just yesterday. We usually bring everyone to my parent's since they have a fireplace. But can't wuite bring the aquariums along!
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!