New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

55g cube

Started by soleil1980, November 05, 2015, 10:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil1980

Hello,

I recently bought a used 55g cube shaped aquarium.  It used to be a saltwater tank so it has a hole at the bottom with a pipe going all the way to the top. 

I plan on making a freshwater, planted tank with lots of small fishes... tetras probably. 

I was wondering if any of you had any ideas how to camouflage the pipe?  I thought of maybe putting mesh with moss all around it.  I also have many pieces of driftwood and I will take plants from my other tanks which are mostly java fern, pellia moss, Vals... (easy plants).

It will be my 5th tank in the house and all my tanks look pretty much the same.  I am therefore writting here to get feddback/ideas on what I could do with a limited budget.

I have a few little pieces of driftwood that I plan on attaching java fern at the top to make like a palm tree but so far that is the only idea I have :)

Thanks!
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

Jellyanne

Maybe a piece of tree bark or styrofoam molded to look like it. The moss wall would also be nice once it's growing but will always need trimming. I can't wait to see pictures.
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

DrReefer

You could get a bulkhead that is threaded on both sides and put a plumbing plug in them . you will most likely have to use PVC cement on those threads so they lock for good. your bottom substrate should cover it and it will not be noticed ! I did one of this in the past and it will be covered by 2-3 inches of substrate.

threaded bulkhead:

PVC threaded plug :