New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Elevate Shrimp

Started by Jellyanne, November 07, 2015, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jellyanne

Hi everyone!

I contacted Elevate Shrimp a few weeks ago and got permission to make a Canadian order.
They have products that not only serve the shrimp crazies but others too. If you are doing bare bottom tanks and consider having moss ledges or planters to get a little bit of green in there, check them out elevateshrimp.com
They have agreed to a 5% discount to help with costly shipping.

They also agreed to extra discount for a group order. After reaching 100$ they will throw in another 10% (15% total).

So I will be ordering from them, you have until the 13th of november to tag along this order.
Taxes will be calculated according to your order. Shipping and customs will be split in the same way.
All payments will need to be made by paypal or in person.
I will be attending the OVAS meeting in november to deliver the goods. In the event that the package gets stuck at customs (which randomly happens from time to time) I will meet at a given location in Ottawa.

Please pm with your order and I will update the list here.

Thank you!

Jellyanne
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

Shawn84

You can always order from shrimp fever if your looking for shrimp and mosses.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Jellyanne

I know what shrimp fever carries. Elevate shrimp doesn't sell shrimps and mosses anyway...
Jellyanne

daworldisblack

Yikes.. looks like a bunch of 3-D printed stuff. Elevated? Doubt it - looks tacky to be honest. Might be cheaper to get files off the net for free and print it at the Ottawa U 3D Printer Lab for free.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Jellyanne

Maybe but I couldn't find anything and I am not able to make it myself. It's still cheaper than any other planters I found. And I have yet to find something to recycle into a planter...
Jellyanne

lucius

Quote from: Jellyanne on November 10, 2015, 08:08:43 AM
Maybe but I couldn't find anything and I am not able to make it myself. It's still cheaper than any other planters I found. And I have yet to find something to recycle into a planter...

Are you looking at plant cups?  If so, I bought a few of these off ebay and they work pretty well.  The only downside is that it takes four to six weeks to deliver since they usually ship from Hong Kong.  Price is about $6 USD with free shipping.  If you take a look at my 75 gallon build, you can see that I'm using them for my trident fern and anubias on the left.

George2

Quote from: lucius on November 10, 2015, 07:05:14 PM
Are you looking at plant cups?  If so, I bought a few of these off ebay and they work pretty well.  The only downside is that it takes four to six weeks to deliver since they usually ship from Hong Kong.  Price is about $6 USD with free shipping.  If you take a look at my 75 gallon build, you can see that I'm using them for my trident fern and anubias on the left.

I bought a couple of these plant cups from Critter Jungle last year. I am not sure if they still have them, though.

lucius

Quote from: George2 on November 11, 2015, 08:58:56 AM
I bought a couple of these plant cups from Critter Jungle last year. I am not sure if they still have them, though.

Do you remember how much you paid?  I don't recall seeing them last time I was there.

charlie

Quote from: Jellyanne on November 07, 2015, 11:03:48 AM
Hi everyone!

I contacted Elevate Shrimp a few weeks ago and got permission to make a Canadian order.
They have products that not only serve the shrimp crazies but others too. If you are doing bare bottom tanks and consider having moss ledges or planters to get a little bit of green in there, check them out elevateshrimp.com
They have agreed to a 5% discount to help with costly shipping.

They also agreed to extra discount for a group order. After reaching 100$ they will throw in another 10% (15% total).

So I will be ordering from them, you have until the 13th of november to tag along this order.
Taxes will be calculated according to your order. Shipping and customs will be split in the same way.
All payments will need to be made by paypal or in person.
I will be attending the OVAS meeting in november to deliver the goods. In the event that the package gets stuck at customs (which randomly happens from time to time) I will meet at a given location in Ottawa.

Please pm with your order and I will update the list here.

Thank you!

Jellyanne

Jellyanne, if planters are of your interest the plant guy also carries some.
http://www.theplantguy.org/Tank-Planters_c_215.html

George2

Quote from: lucius on November 11, 2015, 04:25:10 PM
Do you remember how much you paid?  I don't recall seeing them last time I was there.

I can't remember how much I paid for them because it was a long time ago, but I think it was in the range of $10-$20 each.  I know you can get them cheaper online but I prefer buying stuff locally.

Jellyanne

Quote from: George2 on November 11, 2015, 09:53:11 PM
I can't remember how much I paid for them because it was a long time ago, but I think it was in the range of $10-$20 each.  I know you can get them cheaper online but I prefer buying stuff locally.

I'd rather buy local too, but haven't seen them last time I was at critter jungle.

I did see the one's that TPG sells but they were costing more, of course they seem to be better quality, but as I wanted to get other stuff like the selective feeder, I figured I would buy it all from the same place.
And I am already having a bit of an issue with The plant guy. He forgot my plants in my last packages and I paid the fastest shipping only for that, but now he only offered to send my plants in regular mail which is a bit upsetting since I already paid my plants and the shipping. Anyways I hope this will be resolved soon.

I was only offering if anyone else wanted to try Elevate shrimp.
Jellyanne

lucius

Quote from: Jellyanne on November 12, 2015, 10:16:00 AMI did see the one's that TPG sells but they were costing more, of course they seem to be better quality, but as I wanted to get other stuff like the selective feeder, I figured I would buy it all from the same place.
And I am already having a bit of an issue with The plant guy. He forgot my plants in my last packages and I paid the fastest shipping only for that, but now he only offered to send my plants in regular mail which is a bit upsetting since I already paid my plants and the shipping. Anyways I hope this will be resolved soon.

So he wants to charge you regular shipping on top of the expedited shipping?  You should ask him for some extra plants.  I had an issue once with him in which he sent my plants to the wrong post office.  By the time I picked them up, all the plants turned into mush.