New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics Beer?

Started by zolta, November 21, 2015, 01:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zolta

for the plant lovers out there.  Maybe a get together before years end at a pub? 
65 gal tall planted

charlie

exv152

Yes! Been thinking the same thing myself.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

Just a public service announcement  ;).
The "Plantacholics" is not a secret or closed loop group  :P, it`s just a group of like minded hobbyist that have an interest in planted aquariums, including anyone who is even considering keeping one , getting together in a very informal manner to meet , exchange experiences , stories & general planted tank info.Oh and even plant clippings.
In short all are welcome, so don`t be shy come on out & meet other planted hobbyist who is eager to fuel your addiction  ;).
Regards

wolfiewill

Count me in, too. When and where?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

zolta

re time and place
lets all make a suggestion and we can decide from that.

how about Saturday afternoon?  3ish maybe?  that place we went to close to Ikea?
65 gal tall planted

wolfiewill

I work 'till fourish, but the Big Rig by the Ikea is good for me.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

How about the Central Bierhaus in Kanata? I haven't been but I heard they have over 140 beers to choose from. Just putting it out there, I'd be fine with whatever.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

I'm good with the location. Are we looking at this Saturday afternoon?

charlie

I would prefer a more central location but if it`s this Saturday it won`t matter since i`m committed elsewhere.

Dxpert

I'm only good for lunch on Saturday, I can't do dinner. Would Sunday Nov. 29th @12:00 work? The Central Bierhaus for lunch would be great for me.

zolta

Greg sent out a PM on the topic.  There is no rush, lets figure out a day that we can all get together.  I agree with Errol, a little more central than Kanata would be good.  The Big Rig by Ikea is middle ground to those of us central and in the west.  If Brian chooses to join us it'll be a bit of a hike for him though.  My schedule is pretty open, I prefer mid afternoon on weekends, if this weekend does not work the next one may, or perhaps a mid-week evening?
65 gal tall planted

lucius

Thanks for thinking of me Keith.  I was just waiting for the location/date/time to be firmed up before replying.

zolta

Shall we try again?

Next Thursday evening or perhaps Saturday after Greg finishes work?  (Dec. 3rd and 5th respectively)
a PM was sent to some on this
65 gal tall planted