New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

15 gallon reef tank.

Started by fish finatic, December 03, 2015, 05:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish finatic

Hi there everyone. I am going to be starting a 15 gallon reef so I would like to figure out what stocking I will be doing before hand. I am thing a pair of clowns and a damsel or a basslet or a royal gramma and possibly a small watchman goby. Is this okay? If not what would you revise on my list? The tank will have about 20 pounds of live rock and a aquaclear 30 as well. Let me know thanks. Also I am thinking about a rose bubble tip anemone for the clowns to host in or would you recommend a different kind of anenome. 

GuyFawkes

I think that should be fine. If it's a small tank. Add the clowns first, then add a fish after and see how it goes. Depending on maintenance schedule, and the rock to accept the bioload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fish finatic

Ok thank you. Been waiting for a response.

Sharbuckle

I have a 16g with similar stock and all is well. I would wait a few months for your tank to get well established before adding the anemone. My tank is very new (3 months), i plan on waiting another 2-3 months for an anemone. Also make sure your water changes and maintenance are on point. Alot can go wrong fast with smaller water volume. Cheers.

GuyFawkes

What type of lighting do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fish finatic

2 36 watt full spectrum led bulbs.