New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello OVAS....transfering from SAS!

Started by tanksalot360, January 19, 2016, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanksalot360

Hello there,
  Having recently moved from Saskatoon, and as a former board member of the Saskatoon Aquarium Society, I am very excited to join the club and meet the fish hobbyists in the Ottawa area! I've kept fish for 15 years or so, and these last couple months have really been the only time I have been without some sort of aquarium running since I was a kid. I'm shipping a few tanks across the country, when they arrive, I will add water and begin again! It's strange in the meantime.
  I'm glad there's a club here, and I'm interested in seeing how things work,
Liam

Jody

Hi Liam,
  Welcome to OVAS and Ottawa.
I was a member of the Saskatoon club many years ago, '88-89.
What kind of fish have you been keeping?

Jody

limmer

Welcome to Ottawa and OVAS Liam.
We have a meeting this Monday, Jan 25.
Hope to see you there.

tanksalot360

Thanks for the warm welcome.
As for fish, most recently I was building a reef with mostly softies for coral, with a yellow tang, skunk clown, swissguard basslet, potters angel, chromis, anthias, and blood and cleaner shrimp. But it all started with freshwater. I've kept a cichlid tanks - either Victorian or Tanganyikan, planted community tanks with various fish. My most recent tank was a well planted co2 tank with rummynose tetra, embers and neons, habrosus cories, albino bristlenose and Limia nigrofasciatus. I was also keeping small tanks with blue velvet and crystal red shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sharbuckle

Yes! More reefers! More the merrier  ;) Welcome to OVAS!