New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Giant Auction 2016

Started by fischkopp, January 21, 2016, 10:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daworldisblack

Great job organizing guys - it was a blast helping out again as an Auctioneer. Mad props to the other auctioneer Rob for keeping at it after no sleep the night before! I came home with some stuff even though I promised myself I wouldn't and looks like most people got some good stuff as well!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

sanny

Well organized, lots of beautiful fish, plants and decor. I truley enjoyed it along with my sister who came with me and set up her very first aquarium.

Also, big thanks to Limmer (Peter) for being so helpful when I had a couple bags leaking and for providing me a box for tranporting my stuff.

fischkopp

Glad to see the positive response. Thanks everyone!

Some fun facts for this years auction:

657 items were registered, not the 1000+ items we had 10 years ago, but 7.5% more than the previous year.

Sales prices are up 25% compared to 2015! The average price per lot was $9.14.

Only 15 items didn't sell (11 of them had a minimum bid), 48 sold for minimum bid.

The majority of lots were fish with 317 items (48.2%). They fetched an average price/bag over $10, with the highest bid going for $44 - a discus.

Plants contributed 154 items (23.4%), averaging at a whooping $7.60 a bag. A large java fern got the crown at $28.

Dry good item made up about 20% of the auction, they also account for 80% of the not sold items - with the remaining unsold items being fish bags with a minimum bid >$2.

We had 33 vendors registered at the auction. Unfortunately, we didn't do a good job at tracking how many showed up to buy items, but we ran out of the 100 bidder card that were prepared. We better print some more next year! :)

Cheers,
Robert Hemp
Auction Chair

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

limmer

Here are a few Pictures from the auction.

Fluval Raffle Prizes.

Raffle Sales

Auctioneers

Buyer

Crowd

Table Items

More Table Items

Kitchen

zenins

Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards