New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cichlids

Started by Jody, February 15, 2016, 12:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya folks,

So I was just down in my fishroom and noticed that my C. nanoleutus have eggs! I am pretty excited about this as they have been on my fish wish list for a long time.
   Thinking about that, and looking at other tanks, I realized that I currently have cichlids breeding from almost every geographical divide.
I have the nanoleutus from Central America, Nannacara anomala and Apistogramma pandurini from South America. There's Steatocranus casuarius from West Africa,  Neochromis omnicaeruleus and Pundimilla nyererei from Lake Victoria,  Julidochromis dickfeldi,  Mali eri and ornatus, Neolamp helianthus and Lepidolamp hecqui from Tanganyika. Cyrtocara mooring from Malawi.
Just missing the Madagascar cichlids and Asian ones, though my orange chromides are growing nicely.
So many cichlids, so little tank space..
Jody

mm

bitterman

mm

Jody-

Can you get some checkerboard cichlids from any of your suppliers? I would love to get some.

Thanks,
Miguel

Jody

Hi Miguel,

I don't see the checkerboards often, though I do see D. maculatus from time to time.

Jody

Jody

I just moved my panduro pair to a tank of their own, along with a some of their fry.
They seem to be taking it well.

zenins

Congratulations :)

Nanoleutus are on my wish list

I have the same issue though ... need more tankspace ;)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

mm

Really nice those panduros.

Jellyanne

Congrats!
Nice little fish!
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

Kelly

Nice! Are  panduros aggressive?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.