New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Speaker for Mar.28 (Easter Monday) Meeting

Started by sidarnold, March 15, 2016, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidarnold

Speaker: Zenin Skomorowski from Kitchener, Ontario

Topic: Loaches

Bio:

Zenin has been in the tropical fish keeping hobby on and off since he was 12 years old.  In 2002, he stepped up his involvement in the hobby by joining the Kitchener-Waterloo Aquarium Society.  Within 2 years, he went from one 15 gallon aquarium to eight aquariums, ranging up to three 50 gallon and a 100 gallon aquarium.  He keeps a wide variety of fish such as cichlids from Africa and the Americas, along with rainbowfish, tetras, barbs, livebearers, plecos, cory catfish and loaches. Zenin keeps approximately 12 species of loaches.  His most favourite Loaches are Clowns, Berdmorei and Dwarf Chain Loaches.

ajm1961

Great stuff!
Zenin knows his loaches! From what I remember from his talk at AquaMania, he also has many nice pictures in his presentation. I look forward to this one.

Let us know if there is a dinner beforehand.

Thanks for setting this up Sid!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

zenins

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 15, 2016, 06:57:58 PM
Great stuff!
Zenin knows his loaches! From what I remember from his talk at AquaMania, he also has many nice pictures in his presentation. I look forward to this one.

Thanks Andre :)

Yes I was a last minute substitute a few years ago at AquaMania ... I have added a few new photos and I will have a hand out of notes.
... and for those of you who pay attention, you could win a prize at the end of the presentation ;)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

zenins

Hey all,

I have a couple of prizes for those paying attention to my presentation on Loaches tonight :)

Bring your Loach questions for the Q&A ;)
Zenin

zenins

Hey OVAS.

Thanks for hosting me Monday night :)

Andre ... how are your new loaches doing ?
Zenin

ajm1961

It was a real pleasure to hear your updated loaches presentation and to see you again Zenin.
And the loaches I got was icing on the cake!
They are doing well - I've got them in a 20 gallon with other community fish but ill be transferring them into a 90 gallon with my other 3 loaches - which I think are also polka-dots! They look the same! Thought they were dwarf chain loaches as advertized from the store, but after seeing these, I'm convinced they are polka-dots.
I'll post pics once I've re-hauled my 90 gallon - project to start soon!!

Thanks again- hopefully we'll meet again at one of the upcoming conferences.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!