New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Jebao DP-4 Auto Dosing Pump loosing it prime

Started by nemo14, March 29, 2016, 11:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo14

Hello every one !

Just a quick question about my new  Jebao DP-4 Auto Dosing Pump.

Ok i bought this dosing pump for my planted tank it was easy to set up and was accurate to adjust the program for 100 ml it was spot on every time i checked to calibrate it.

I dose small amount 3 times a day. one hour before the lights come on i dose 5 ml of fertilizers the another 5 ml within the next hour and the last 5 ml just before all the lights comes on at once. pumps no problem .

Now there is one problem that i need help with because i dose my fertilizes three times all within 3 hours the pump dose not pump until the next day and i loose my prime on the inlet line it 's all new air line tubing all in line nice and straight my pump is sitting on a shelf above the tank and the dosing canisters are on the bottom. and theirs lots of  liquid in the canisters . So can someone guide me as to what i'm doing wrong or if anyone has any idea as how to fix this problem. i bought the Jebao DP-4 Auto Dosing Pump because i didn't want to spend big buck just to dose fertilizers if this would of bin a salt water set up i would of spent the money to buy a good pump.

Thanks in advance everyone!

brandon

I don't have one of these pumps in particular but I have been looking into them online.  This seems to be a common problem that many people have been able to fix by putting simple inline airline check valves on the intake side of each pump line.  Give that a try and see if it helps.   :)

nemo14

Ok thanks for the info i will try that and see if it works and let everyone know if it fixed the problem.

Darth

i have this pump as well mine stays primed. check to make sure The connections tight and there are no small holes in the tubing

nemo14

Hey Darth !

Thanks for the reply. All the tubing is new and everything seem tight. could it be a bad heads? I'm using two out of the four heads what would be the chance of the first two heads not working. maybe i'll try the other two heads and see if it stays primed.

Thanks Darth for the fast reply and you input.

P.S how long did you use this dosing pump and did you ever have problems with it.

Darth

ive had mine over a year now. it could be the hoses on the pumps too. try different pumps and see. its easy to take apart if you need to as well

nemo14

Hey darth !

Well i just put check vales and it seems like it works it's doing what it needs to do so i  guess i will leave as is the tank and plants looks ok.

Thanks for your help cheers.

nemo14

Thanks Brandon for the great tip about the airline check vales it dose work.

Thanks everyone.

Darth

brandon