New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Rotkeil Severum

Started by Caitiepi, March 30, 2016, 09:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caitiepi

Just outta curiosity, but does anyone know if/where one would be able to find juvenile Rotkeil Severums? Seriously beautiful fish!
90 gallon community tank:
Red Rainbowfish
Boesemani Rainbowfish
Roseline Sharks
Rainbow Shark
Rosy Danios
Zebra Danios
Siamese Algae Eater
Electric Blue Acara
Green Severums
Rotkeil Severum
Black Convict Cichlid

bland

I had to take a drive to quebec city to pick mine up.  F1 babies and the guys basement was better setup than most pet stores.  Well worth the drive.

Caitiepi

Ah, ok good to know! I was hoping maybe somewhere online had them that shipped here. I haven't been able to find anything though.
Red Rainbowfish
Boesemani Rainbowfish
Roseline Sharks
Rainbow Shark
Rosy Danios
Zebra Danios
Siamese Algae Eater
Electric Blue Acara
Green Severums
Rotkeil Severum
Black Convict Cichlid

bland

If Montreal is not to far I always see these on kijiji, but he's never posted a actual picture.

When I picked mine up the seller said there was a guy from Montreal passing to pick up 25 of them.  It might be these, and if they are they are still juveniles.  The red shoulders on my mine are just starting to appear.

I have never seen any around the Ottawa region.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-poissons/longueuil-rive-sud/heroes-rotkeil-f1/1152977805

and another for the area.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-poissons/granby/severum-rotkeil/1151452478

Al

You can keep your eye on Spencer Jack's site - he recently had another heros species for sale - severus I believe but looks like they're sold out now.

www.cichlaholic.com

Caitiepi

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I don't drive, so for now anywhere outta province is out reach but I did email Spencer Jack to see if he ever does get them in.
Red Rainbowfish
Boesemani Rainbowfish
Roseline Sharks
Rainbow Shark
Rosy Danios
Zebra Danios
Siamese Algae Eater
Electric Blue Acara
Green Severums
Rotkeil Severum
Black Convict Cichlid