New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tank Enhancing

Started by 101DalmatianMollies, April 18, 2016, 09:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

101DalmatianMollies

I've been wanting to add more plants to my tank, as well as create a carpet for my corydoras to have a softer area to be as well as more cover for when they are ready to lay eggs again. I took a trip over to big als and got myself a bunch of wisteria, one pod of 1-2-grow pogostemon helferi, and one pod of the 1-2-grow Hemianthus Callitrichoides. What's cool is the pogo sort of looks like the wisteria. So I, hoping as everything grows, it'll do this progression from tall to short moving towards the foreground. I also added a nerite snail and 5 silver tipped tetras. I wanted some more dither fish to help my red eye tetras feel less shy. My silver danios were doing a good job of that, so I thought I'd enhance them with those cuties.

Only thing, is one of my new fish is missing an eye. I noticed it when I brought him home from the store. I'm going to keep an eye on him (no pun intended) and he's now earned the name of "Popeye" and he seems otherwise ok! So fingers crossed he'll do fine.

I bought the Hemianthus not realizing it's an advanced skill level plant.... So wish me luck! It says it'll spread 30cm in 30 days. I'll be watching with intense anticipation!

Whaddya think? My boyfriend gave me some Christmas moss out of his tank, so that I've planted in the floor as well to let it carpet out. I got Java moss to grow on the driftwood, just trying to encourage it to grow on the stone. The swords are just about as old as the tank, and are doing OK. I'm hoping with more plants I'll be able to fertilize better. 

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucius

I like your fuzzy turtle.  ;D

Do you use root tabs?  It will help supplement the flourish you are using.

101DalmatianMollies

Thank you! I'm trying to get Java moss to grow on him. Right now it's just tied on with thread.

I do use the tabs yes :) I like them quite a bit. I put in the last 3 I had after I planted the new plants so I'll have to pick up more. They really helped my amazons establish themselves.