New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

May Meeting Speaker - Gary Elson

Started by robt18, May 03, 2016, 08:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt18

Before our elections at the May meeting on the 30th, we will be enjoying a presentation by Gary Elson about wild caught livebearers. There will also be free pizza for all paid members.

We look forward to seeing you there!

limmer

Bad News!
Gary Elson cannot make it to our next Meeting due to personal commitments.
We will try for next season.

limmer

Good News!
Jody McManus has agreed to do a talk.  Many of you will know Jody from Big Als.  The talk he will be doing is going to be Cichlids of the World pt 1.
A talk about cichlids in general, the discussing some specific species from different areas.

Here is his Bio:
I got into the hobby in about 1987, with a 29 gallon community tank.
My brother and I quickly got another, then another tank. He soon discovered girls, and that was the end of his aquarium hobby. I on the other hand, kept at it, and was keeping a bunch of different type of fish, but already my leaning was towards the cichlid family.
I was a member of the Saskatoon aquarium society for a couple of years, then moved to Ottawa, where I didn't have any tanks for about 5 years. Then one tank, led to another, then another. Again, with many different types of cichlid.
Around this time, mid 90's I joined OVAS, and soon after was in charge of the bowl show. Eventually, I would become Vice President, and then President of the club for a couple of years.
In 1999, I started working at Big Al's and except for a 4 month excursion to where I was working in Malawi, I have been there ever since.

limed

Don't forget there will also be elections that night for position on the exec.
So step up and help out we don't bit. Pizza will be there.
 Also we are trying to do a barbaque in June, details are in the works
Meeting this month May 30th

Ed

zenins

Sounds like it will be an excellent presentation ... and Pizza ! :)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

charlie

Are we having supper with the speaker?

limed

We will be ordering Pizza late in the meeting, when we get a head count of the members at the meeting.

Ed