New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Chihiros A Series LED

Started by pm, May 29, 2016, 04:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm

I know that at least a couple other planted tank folks here have these cost effective LED lights.  I am thinking of ordering 1 or 2 myself, but would like your feedback, which may also address the questions of others interested in these lights.  I have looked online and can't really find reviews that address my concerns.  Here are my questions:

- Are they, in your opinion, good for a high-light tank (i.e. bright enough)? 
- How is the colour rendition?  The are around 8000K so a bit in the blue range, but how do red plants and fish look under it?
- Can they be operated with a mechanical timer (i.e. on/off) and keep the dimmed setting (if I understand correctly they come with a wired remote that allows dimming)?

Thanks

charlie

QuoteAre they, in your opinion, good for a high-light tank (i.e. bright enough)?  
I can`t speak to that with from any personal experience, that said i would think it would work on the sallower tanks - Nano tanks.

[quoteHow is the colour rendition?  The are around 8000K so a bit in the blue range, but how do red plants and fish look under it?][/quote]
I have mine on a 8.6 Gallon tank , i had to dim it a bit but the rendition seems fine to me, I don`t have any red plants in the tank but the fish shows well, i would go as far as saying the rendition is better than the Finnex Ray II .

QuoteCan they be operated with a mechanical timer (i.e. on/off) and keep the dimmed setting (if I understand correctly they come with a wired remote that allows dimming)?
I have mine on a timer and have not noticed any re setting of the dimmer.
So far i`m happy with it.
Regards