New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Montreal Freshwater Plants

Started by rivermuse, May 31, 2016, 08:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rivermuse

Any suggestions for Aquarium shops in Montreal that are well known for Live Plants, Mosses, Invertebrates etc., ?

I had asked this question earlier but its been awhile back.. the links for stores suggested are no longer valid (except one).

Thanks

Biulu

I guess I am best placed to answer this question. The best bang for your buck you get at Pet Nature Pointe Claire (biggest of the chain) as they always have these specials of 3 plants for $12. And the nice thing is that they make mistakes regularly and that how I recently picked up some afzelii anubias which are normally much more expensive.

Their variety of shrimp and crayfish really depend upon the time you are there.

Well assorted store for plants, snails and shrimp but pretty expensive is Aquarius (in front of Iberville metro station) and then there is Aquasense, a relatively new place: https://www.facebook.com/aquasenseworkshop/

If you come on the 18th with the plantaholics group, you will visit both Aquarius and Aquasense.

rivermuse

Thanks for the info. I will look that up next time I'm there. I ended up going to Aquarium Du Nord and Aquarius Poissons Tropicaux both are close to each other, about 5 minutes drive. So if someone is going there you can check these out together, the latter being someone pricey than the Nord. However it is very large and with a wide variety of plants and fish.