New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Club BBQ: Saturday, June 25 - 12:00 to 3:00PM Andrew Haydon Park

Started by sidarnold, June 21, 2016, 10:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidarnold

Good Morning. Please accept the Executive's invitation to join us for a OVAS sponsored BBQ at Andrew Haydon Park the afternoon of Saturday, June 25. OVAS will be providing hamburgers, hotdogs, drinks, and snacks to accompany your lunch. Feel free to bring any additional food items or drinks as you see fit. Just a note that this is a non-alcoholic event as our permit with the City of Ottawa is limited to that.

Andrew Haydon Park is just off of Carling Avenue in the west end of the city. Our picnic site is "C2 Blue" which is immediately west of the Andrew Haydon Park Bldg.. Enter the park at the main entrance and turn left - our site is quite close to the park road and their is plenty of parking in the immediate area (please take note of the attached image file).

Exec members will be securing the site starting at 10 AM with the gas BBQ arriving approximately around 11 AM. Dogs and burgers will probably go on the grill sometime after 12 noon.

If you have not previously RSVPd us can we ask that you do so before this Thursday. Hope to see many of you there.

sidarnold

Just a quick addendum to the above. If participants would bring dessert that would be greatly appreciated. Please let us know what you might be bringing so as to avoid duplication. Thanks again.

sidarnold

And an additional addendum: feel free to bring appetizers or salads for the enjoyment of all participants. Thanks again for your support of OVAS and this event.

lucius

I will bring potato and macaroni salad.

Will someone be bringing paper plates, cups, utensils?

limmer

We will bring paper plates, utensils and soft drinks and water.

Shawn84

A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Jellyanne

I'll bring a dessert, not sure what yet (need something that won't melt lol)
I'll let you guys know tomorrow

Edit: it will be Jello 2-3 flavors
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

sidarnold

Just did a lunch time recon of our picnic site. Nicely shaded with several large trees.

Only one picnic table (chained to a tree) so we will not be able to move any additional tables from the park area.

PLEASE make sure that you bring a chair with you for every person in your group.

See you tomorrow and thanks for participating.

limmer

Great day for a BBQ.
We had a nice shaded area with a nice breeze.
Food was excellent and the company was great.

lucius

Thanks for putting on the BBQ.  I didn't eat last night from being so full.  Sorry for not eating any desserts to those who brought it, I just couldn't.   :(

bitterman

Sorry did not make it had appointments at Cheo for me son. Was hoping to drop in but did not work out.

Bruce

sidarnold

Wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in organizing this and a thanks to the members who were able to particpate. One big thanks to Ed Lim for bringing the BBQ and for doing the "grilling". Have a great summer and see you in September.