New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Store stock

Started by transporter8367, August 24, 2016, 08:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transporter8367

Recently I visited the Inness rd location
My plan was to buy a complete setup either a 125 or 150
The store has many setups on the floor as display models
but if you want 1 you have to wait 2 weeks.
Why does the store keep large canister filters to filter up to 400g tanks but they don't keep large tanks in stock.
Space is most likely limited to stock large tanks but the ones on floor don't all need to be displays.

Nienna

Welcome to the forum!

With a tank that size, you need to keep in mind that things need to be done somewhat slowly in order to ensure a successful experience. 

Personally, my husband and I have a 250g saltwater tank on our main floor and we had to reinforce the floor (triple up the beams and add a footing) to support the weight, and that was with the beams running in the right direction.  Anything over 75g and I'd say you'd want to at least know how your floor is structured.  If you plan to put it in your basement, you need to make sure that the tank and stand can fit down the stairs which will likely limit one or two dimensions.

While it does suck to wait, an order for a tank that size is the norm, even for stores that serve a much larger customer base such as Toronto.

lucius

When I was there earlier tonight, I saw three tanks empty over 125 gallons that were sellable.  Two 150's but one of them had a note stating that they will be converting it to a SW display and a 180 gallon.  Not sure why you couldn't get the other 150 gallon.  There were no empty 125 gallons.

Maybe try BA's west?

Jody

Hi Folks,

Normally we keep the 120s and 125s in stock, if we run out then orders need to be done.

Jody