New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Renewal reminder

Started by Jody, September 23, 2016, 04:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya Folks!

This time of year is the time for renewing your OVAS membership.
Please make sure that you get your new cards.

Unfortunately, we are not able to accept cards that have just been scratched out with new dates on them.

We will accept properly stamped OVAS cards until the date of the October meeting, after that, the cards expiring Sept 2016 will no longer be accepted.

Thanks
Jody

limed

Only 2 days left before I will be changing status . I will be doing it this weekend.  

Remember , your status on web site will change at the beginning of Oct and give a week to mail
out membership cards. I located in Kanata, so if you want to pickup your card, need to PM
me to see if I will be around. Don't wait till last minute like human nature.
 membership card for 2016-2017  , support the club buy a membership.

Thanks
Ed  membership chair

limed

Remember you can use paypal to pay for your membership.
Do it now, don't put it off.
This weekend status change.  Support the club, open them wallets.

Thanks
Ed

wolfiewill

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

rockworm

I just want to say thanks to you Ed. It is a tough job maintaining membership roles. Now, off to Big Als this weekend for some discounts.  :)

Quote from: limed on September 29, 2016, 04:49:28 AM
Remember you can use paypal to pay for your membership.
Do it now, don't put it off.
This weekend status change.  Support the club, open them wallets.

Thanks
Ed

180g with 2x54g bookend corner bowfront.  220g FOWLR.
75g sump/65g fuge/90g benthic/fuge.

wolfiewill

Yes, I second that. Thanks for all the work. I have now paid but don't have a card now. How do I get one? But, on a down note, Big Al's won't be giving discounts to us members anymore. Apparently they are 'corporate' now and don't feel the need to support club members anymore. I think people should know this. I was told this at the west end store.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

limed

I will mail out the card, I was at the Westend store and they would have taken my
card discount but the item was on sale and was at a better price then the 10% discount
from the card. This is great for items not on sale and less than 10% off.  They were willing
to give me the 10% discount but the sale price was better. 
  Lots of cards to mail out this weekend,  you should get it late next week.  3-4 days

Ed

lucius

I was at the east end store earlier today and I was given the OVAS discount.

Jody

Both stores are currently accepting valid OVAS cards. There was some debate about it the day I posted this, as the west end location had several people show up with scratched out and written in dates. This isn't acceptable, so for a short time they were taking none.
I am currently working on figuring out the best way for the store to support the club and it's members. A discount may not be the best way in the end, but I will find out soon.
If anyone has a problem using their card at either store, just let me know and I will try to figure it out.
Jody

limed

If the date is scratched out or not in red stamp, then don't take it.
If you see the date not following the red number maybe a little with pen to show the number better (pen will flow with the number) then should be OK if too much different , too much pen, then take the number on the card and let me know.
This way we will find out who's doing this, if this person has renewed his membership 2016-2017 then I may have to
re issue them a new card. Never to late to buy a new membership for this new season.

Thanks for the help Jody.

ED  membership chair

wolfiewill

I'm one of perhaps several people with the '16' in the '2016' written in pen on my OVAS membership card. And anyone who bought their card when they were at my place for the Plantaholics meeting last fall will also have the same. This is what got me in trouble at Big Al's west end a couple of weeks ago. Ed, do you remember apologizing to me about it when you gave it to me. It didn't seem to be a big deal at the time, and no one has given me any trouble about until two weeks ago.

And it was at the same time that the guy at the register at the west end store said that they weren't going to give any discounts to OVAS members any more - period. He said they were corporate now and didn't feel the need.

lucius

Maybe it would be a good ideal to stamp both sides of the card?  If the date stamp wears off on one side, then hopefully the other side will stay intact.

limed

That a good idle stamp both sizes.  if anyone has the date coming off ,let me know and maybe I can re-stamp the card
at the next meeting or drop by my place (kanata) if you're in my area, but let me know.

sorry if this ink stamp is coming off.
Ed

Selenacrowe

soon as mine comes in the mail i plan on Laminating it is that okay?

lucius

I keep mine in a plastic pouch.