New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

plantacholics get together November 2016

Started by zolta, October 10, 2016, 09:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zolta

Attention those suffering from plant talk withdrawal.

I think it may be time for an easy gathering to share aquatic plant success and failures and beer.  In the past when we have gathered at watering holes out west or north so how about central this time.  Mid November say the 17th, at the Heart and Crown on Aberdeen at Preston.  We have a month to hammer out the details, tweek the time and date etc.

I will try to capture some images to share of my now well running Hamburg filtered shrimp tank which was built with the goodies I bought from our last outing in Montreal.

k
65 gal tall planted

charlie

I'm in  :)
We had made a commitment to our friends in Montreal when they hosted us to return the kind gesture.
They understood , we don't have an AquaSense, but they were good with a few home show & tell with a social as is in the works .
Input?

wolfiewill

I'm in as well. Perhaps this Plantaholics get together would be a good time to figure out what to do for the Montrealers who did such a good job hosting us.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

zolta

Good idea Greg,

So far that's three of us, where's the rest?  The turkey thing must be wearing off by now!
65 gal tall planted

charlie

Quote from: zolta on October 13, 2016, 06:00:07 PM
Good idea Greg,

So far that's three of us, where's the rest?  The turkey thing must be wearing off by now!
Sounds good.
Is Eric & Rah still in the hobby  ;D

charlie

Keith , so far it`s you me & wolfiewill ( 3 of us), Is anyone else interested??????

exv152

Nov 17th,heart  & crown preston st? I'm in. Didn't notice this thread until now.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Jessi Tench

Sounds like fun!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

wolfiewill

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Just a heads-up guys, I have 3 people who are interested in joining us for the first time, they are not on the forum, but I suspect they will soon be.
Once we have nailed down the details I will forward it to them.

tanksalot360

It depends on what time, but I'd like to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermuse

daworldisblack

Didn't see this sooner either - depending on time, I'm in as well. Thurs though? The Brunch Buffet and Aquarium Haunts should make a come back as well ;)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

lucius

Quote from: daworldisblack on November 06, 2016, 11:22:32 AMThe Brunch Buffet and Aquarium Haunts should make a come back as well ;)

+1.  I won't be able to make it because I have something at the Westin Hotel that night.

Dxpert

I've got volleyball that night, but I might be able to stop in for a bit. What time?

zolta

Is everyone OK with the date?  It's a Thursday night as mentioned.  I was just checking their site and it seems they have live music on Thursdays.  Is this a problems for anyone?  If so we can make it the 16th but if that means everyone freaking out then we'll stick with the original date and sit far from the stage.  I was thinking 7:30.   I can make reservations later in the week as I know the numbers. 
65 gal tall planted

wolfiewill

I'm good with either night, and would have trouble hearing if there is a live band.

exv152

Both dates are not an issue for me either. But like Greg said, I'd prefer a night without live music.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Argh! Work event came up so No go for me Thurs
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

zolta

DATE CHANGE!!!!

I agree with Greg and Eric that trying to have a conversation with a band playing would be difficult.  Sorry that I had not checked before.  Lets do it on Wednesday the 16th. 7:30 pm

Be there or be without gills

65 gal tall planted