New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Discount at Big Al's Question

Started by wolfiewill, October 12, 2016, 09:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

On the topic of OVAS sponsors, Jody, can you confirm what I was told at the west end store recently, that Big Al's will soon stop sponsoring OVAS, and will no longer be giving the 10% discount. The last time I was there they sniffed at my card and told me there would be no more sponsoring 'cause they're corporate now'.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Jody

Hi Wolfie.
Right now I am working on an idea to support the club, which I will discuss with the exec at the dinner on the 24th.
Whether we are corporate or not, supporting the club is a good thing, and I have been authorized to figure out something workable.

Thanks
Jody

Selenacrowe

So does that mean you will not be accepting ovas until the new idea is in place?

Jody

Hi,

We are of course still offering the OVAS discount at this point, with a valid card.

Thanks
Jody

Selenacrowe

Okay last time i was in Kanata said that was the last time theh wojld do it

wolfiewill

Jody, thanks. I think this is important. It sends a message that the hobbyists matter.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Jody

I agree,  it is important that we support Hobbyists as well as new clients.