New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Need a Houseplant

Started by Jessi Tench, November 04, 2016, 12:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessi Tench

I recently got a little hanging planter for my goldfisg tank, both for aesthetic and to soak up acsess nutrients. I'm looking for a chunk of pothos or some other plant that can handle being grown emmersed. Willing to pay but I'd like to keep it pretty cheap :)

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Mike L

You can buy them cheap at home depot or any big box store.

lucius

I was a Rona's (Innes Rd. location) earlier this week and I'm pretty sure I saw these.  I'm bit of houseplant fanatic as well.  ;D

bergenm

Just an FYI in case you have dogs or cats - Pothos are toxic, both leaves and stems.
Michael

Jessi Tench

Quote from: bergenm on November 04, 2016, 10:03:40 PM
Just an FYI in case you have dogs or cats - Pothos are toxic, both leaves and stems.
No dogs or cats... but would the roots be toxic to the goldies if they munched on them???

veron

I believe hobbyist's can and do use many vine/hanging plants in Terrariums,Paludariums,Ripariums and planted aquariums.
I've used Pothos,Spider plants, with no issues.

bergenm

I was at Lowes today and noticed that they had pothos plants growing in their goldfish pond - so they appear to be fine for the fish to nibble on.
Michael

Jessi Tench

Quote from: bergenm on November 14, 2016, 07:32:19 PM
I was at Lowes today and noticed that they had pothos plants growing in their goldfish pond - so they appear to be fine for the fish to nibble on.
Oh good!