New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Amano shrimp has turned reddish

Started by rivermuse, November 11, 2016, 03:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rivermuse

I noticed one of my Amano has turned red / pinkish in color and also not very active. Sometimes other Amanos seem to straddle him and he does not move. He is very much alive and I also noticed his antenna has become bit shorter. There are three more Amanos in the tank but they are all ok. They all seem to molt a lot in the past two weeks and they like to hide when they do.

Shall I quarantine the red one?

This tank is 10 G planted. 78 F. 7.8 PH, Ammonia 0, Nitrates 5, Nitrites 0. It houses some tetras and nerites who are all doing well.

Thanks

rivermuse

Notice in the back there are two other Amanos that are in normal color - with one of them sitting on top if the other. (The reddish guy I recall was always a bit dark colored but he has turned rather pink / reddish now.

angelcraze

Could the reddish shrimp be a bamboo shrimp with missing net paws?
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

angelcraze

The shrimp in question has a different tail shape as well.  My bamboo shrimp have a center lighter line vertically down the center of the body,  I think I see a slight lighter marking on yours too.  They change colours from brown to reddish depending on their mood.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!