New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

5g & 15g Build

Started by smalltownfan, November 12, 2016, 06:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalltownfan

In September I started back in the hobby with a 5g Fluval that I had. After cycling, I got some Mischlings and Mosquito Rasboras. I also upgraded the lighting to a Chihiros light. But after a bit, the Missus wanted her counter space back. Opportunity!!!  I saw Errol's setup in his dining area and wanted to do the same.
I built the sideboard as I knew I would not find a sturdy one for a good price. I bought a 15g at the BA anniversary sale and had the Missus convinced it was a good thing. The fact that our grand children sit and watch, keeping them amused for long periods of time may have helped. (How do I approach the subject of starting a 75g+ Hi-Tech planted?)
I made a DIY Matten filter for the 15g and have started cycling, that's why there is a HOB on the 5g. The mulm goes in today. I needed lighting so I bought a T5 transformer kit at the garage sale and made the canopy.
In two weeks I should be redy to go so I'm looking forward to the mini auction.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

smalltownfan

Another month has gone by. The 5g is doing very well as is the 15g but the stocking of it is on hold. A $950 repair bill at the beginning of the month prevented me from buying the livestock and plants I wanted. I did get some Val but it may have gotten a bit too cold in the car. The main thing is that the grandkids, and myself, are happy so far.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

charlie

Thanks for the update, loving the progress.
Errol

angelcraze

Nice!  Your plants are filling in well.  I'm glad your able to teach your grandchildren a little bit about keeping aquariums, childen are always so eager to learn about it
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!