New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Digital Aquatics PB4

Started by Salt, November 16, 2016, 11:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salt

Hey hobbyist,

I'm looking to acquire a Digital Aquatics PB4, and was hoping someone could direct me in the right direction?  I've reached out to the company a few days back and have heard no response.

My concern is my RKL is older and I have read the new PB4 (archon) don't jive well with the older firmware.

Any how, any vendors or folks who might be able to nudge me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Cheers

Darth

so would you not just be safer with a pc4?

Salt

Wonderful!  Apparently the PB4's can be finicky because of firmware mumbo-jumbo .

I have teetered on the edge of just saying to hell with D.A. and converting to Neptune, but my RKL has never let me down yet so going to remain loyal.

Do you have the PB4 module?  I'm not even sure if I can hook a second PB4 up to the RKL?

Thanks ray,

Salt

Sorry Darth, I fail to see the difference between the PC4 and the PB4.  If you have any insight, please send it my way via PM.

Cheers,

ray

PM was sent. A rkl can support up to 4 modules, with each power bar comprising one module, so if using just power bar, 4 could be used, or in any other combination to a maximum of 4 modules

Darth

Pc4 are the older power bars if the newer ones are finicky my suggestion would be to go with the original style (pc4) that was compatible with the rkl unless I'm missing something.  It seems  you had concerns about  the newer  modules meshing