New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Newbie, here is my setup

Started by drew27c, November 30, 2016, 09:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drew27c

Never owned a fish in my life before the start of September. Now I'm pretty involved to say the least. My end goals are slightly overstocked tanks, and some over the top upkeep. My 75 listed below is just awesome right now. Very stable, perfect water parameters, and only tiny bits of aggression. I painted the back of the tank with black rustoleum, and made a lighting fixture out of LED's so I have an unlimited amount of choice in lighting colour.

75g African Community
All juvenile - will be getting a 200g in the next year, and more fish along the way.
3 Frontosa (3.5")
2 Venustus (1.5")
2 Bumblebee (2.5")
2 Red Peacocks (3")
2 Red Zebra (2.5")
1 Yellow Lab / Red Zebra Hybrid (3")
1 Yellow Lab (2")

20g Hospital / Jail Time
2 Kenyi (1 male, 1 female)
Anyone who has owned these buggers knows why they are not in the community anymore.

I'll kicking around the site from time to time.
All the best. Cheers

Al

Nice looking setup for sure. You'll probably need some more hiding spots but as you have already alluded, space for all the fish which will soon become an issue.
Welcome to the hobby.
Nice to see you have a "jail/hospital tank" :<) setup, always an excellent idea for managing and caring for our fish when sometimes things don't work out.

Philnashbass

50 gal. CADLights cube with 15 gal. CADlights sump:
CADLights PLS 100 skimmer
AI Vega LED with controller
Ocellaris pair in LTA, Sml. Hippo Tang,  Powder Brown Tang, Favia, Gorgonia, Frog Spawn, Rhodactis, Sun Coral, Open Brain, Colt Coral, Plate Coral

220 gal. with 80 gal. sump:
Vortex IN 280 skimmer
8 Bulb Teklight T5's, Reefbrite actinic
Pair Gold Bar Maroon Clowns (extra lrg. female), Hippo Tang, Lrg. Pink Tail Trigger, Blue Face Angel,  Kole Tang, Humu Humu Trigger,  2 Yellow Tangs...3 RBTA's, Hammer Coral, Torch Coral, Frog Spawn, Leather Coral

limmer

Welcome.
Alright another one for African Cichlids!