New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

In need of a LED Light Unit Repair

Started by Ribica, December 12, 2016, 08:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ribica

My LED aquarium light unit died yesterday and was wondering if any one knows where I could take it in Ottawa to get it repaired...if even possible? It just didn't turn on at all. I have it on a timer so I plugged it directly into another plug...nothing. The unfortunate thing is that the light is only 16 months old! The light is called VS from a company in China called Foshan city Nanhai Jinqiu electronics co.,ltd. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

transporter8367

Ribica

I bought it in Toronto at Aqua Inspiration.

limmer

If your power is a transformer that plugs into the light, it could be that.

Ribica

Thanks for your feedback. Just got back from a lighting repair shop and he confirmed that it's the adapter that is shot. He unfortunately doesn't have an adapter that has an input of AC 100-240V 50/60Hz and an output of DC 54V-0.3A. It's more that the output that is a hard one to find. If anyone has any thoughts on where I could pick one up that would be awesome. I'm just hoping that my plants won't suffer too much because of this....keeping my fingers crossed.

Al

try amazon with your specs for transformers or call aqua inspiration - im sure if you have had a problem he has had others and may have a fix from third party or from the original supplier - OR - depending what you paid , toss it and get a new LED

Ribica

charlie

limmer

You could also try this place in Montreal that sells LED stuff.
https://addison-electronique.com/

Ribica

I followed up with Aqua inspiration where I bought the light and without any hesitation they sent me a replacement adapter by overnight courier. Got the adapter today and we have light! Talk about awesome customer service! Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and help  :)

charlie

Quote from: Ribica on December 15, 2016, 07:40:25 PM
I followed up with Aqua inspiration where I bought the light and without any hesitation they sent me a replacement adapter by overnight courier. Got the adapter today and we have light! Talk about awesome customer service! Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and help  :)
Awesome!!
Always good to hear the positive feedback for businesses in general , especially the small guys.
So often we are quick to publish the negatives but not the positives.
Happy that your plants are now seeing the light of day  ;)
Regards