New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Don't give up on them

Started by Chinaman, January 03, 2017, 03:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinaman

I am posting to share my recent experience with the forum.

My one year old freshwater angel fish came down with cloudy eye infection, first one and then both eyes
way back in Feb. last year, i.e. 2016.  Because the infection was so rapid I figured applying med was unrealistic.
The damage done by the infection pretty much destroyed both of his eyes.  He stopped taking in food. Luckily his tank mates, his siblings left him alone.

Three days ago, I was feeding the other fish after the daily waster change, and I thought I saw him go for a granule of food.  I thought well maybe it's just an accident.  I made sure I paid attention to his behavior
the past three days, and you he eats.  Because of his damaged eyes, he would go after food granules when the food is close to his snout, not sure if he is regaining some partial vision or just by his olfactory sense.

So just a short and uplifting experience to share.  But for all my fish keeping friends make sure we keep the tank water quality good and don't give up on any sick fish as I believe they would recover in most cases.