New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sale of Bigals

Started by transporter8367, January 04, 2017, 08:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

transporter8367

Does anyone know why the previous owner of Bigals on Inness sold back to corporation?

wolfiewill

Yes! I'd love to know why as well. Perhaps Jody can enlighten us?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Jody

Long story short..
The previous owners were happy to be involved when the store was very busy, but as the economy took a downturn they became less and less involved, which meant needed upgrades and improvements in the stores weren't being done. This of course led to slower business, and they offered less of their time..vicious cycle really. Only so much us managers can get done on a shoestring budget, and little help from above.
It reached a point that they owed BA Corporate for most of the stock in the store, and they decided to close, at which point Corporate took over the two locations, and with some investment and new energy they have made some great progress so far.

Jody

wolfiewill

Thanks for that. I appreciate the candor. It was obviously a scary time for staff, and I appreciated that at the time. I for one am pleased at the changes/improvements I've seen. Cheers.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Sharbuckle