New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquascaping tools

Started by matttimms49, January 06, 2017, 12:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Hello Ovas,

I'm looking to get some aquascaping tools. I need some good tweezers and scissors. As my plants grew a lot over the holidays! which is good!

Can anyone recommend some decent ones, that aren't too expensive and I can get in the Ottawa area or online?

Cheers,
Matt

charlie

In the Ottawa area, Big Al`s carry a few, Critter Jungle on Carling have a wide selection, can`t speak to the price or quality.

charlie

I was just browsing another Canadian forum i participate on and came across this set for sale.
If you are interested ,PM me.
Regards

matttimms49

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will pass on that set thanks. I don't need so many scissors.

charlie

matttimms49

Just wondering if anyone has used candle wick trimmers as an aquascaping tool? I have a small 3.4 gallon tank and not have much maneuvering room to trim the plants. I thought this could be a good idea?

cheers,
Matt

lucius

You can try eyebrow scissors since you have such a small tank.

Chesh

I got a dentist set at Princess Auto. All different types of picks, tweasers and scissors. That was a while ago but I imagine it is still cheap. (was under $20)

Sky

I got my scissors and tweezers at Pet Circus on Bank, they only had one of each and from the reaction from the staff on me buying them I am not sure they will have them again.  The tweezers have a 60 deg angle on them and the scissors are straight.

Both are around 15 inches and cost about 36$ in total, not sure I would buy smaller then 15 inch.. I will want to buy more as my tank collection grows.

Sets on eBay are less and I would have gone for a set with a few different shapes if my plants didn't grow so fast.  Now that I have been trimming a while I would like a few scissors, straight, 30 deg, curved and 90 deg.. and likely a straight tweezer as well.  And I am 100% sure that the gravel racking tool is a soon purchase.

matttimms49

thanks for the replies! I hadn't heard of Pet Circus, I will go and check them out.

Cheers,
Matt

revjim_2

I second Critter Jungle on Carling Ave.  Talk to Jason.