New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics 2.0 Get Together

Started by wolfiewill, January 12, 2017, 12:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

I would like to announce a Plantaholics get together for Saturday, February 25 at my place. We usually run from 2 in the afternoon 'till 7ish. Refreshments will be provided. Please pm me if you are coming. I need to know how much food and drink is necessary, and at that time will provide location details. Cheers.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Guys , this is a great opportunity to meet fellow hobbyist with the same interest as you,develop a great network,learn and share with others.

exv152

...and it's a great chance to see a 330 gallon high tech planted tank, probably the largest high tech planted tank in the city. You won't be disappointed.
:)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

ajm1961

I was just there yesterday (picked up a nice plant - thanks Greg!)...
and yes, the 330 gallon was breathtaking. And the other tanks and overall set-up was not too shabby either!

I'll likely be at this get-together but waiting to confirm closer to the date - both my kids celebrate birthdays around that date, so trying to squeeze this in!

Cheers Plantaholics!
(and kudos to Greg for offering to host)
Happy Friday everyone!! :P
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Kelly

I'd love to come, could use some tips. I'll have to check closer to the date to confirm. East, west or central part of the city?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

wolfiewill

Quote from: Kelly on January 14, 2017, 10:38:06 AM
I'd love to come, could use some tips. I'll have to check closer to the date to confirm. East, west or central part of the city?

Kanata north.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

nemo14

Hello Wolfiewill!

Thanks for the invite to my first plantaholics get together. I would love to go so many questions to ask. :)

Not to good to drive in city but i would love to try lol on that note can you give me your full address with postal code so i can enter it in my G.P.S.

Is there a cover charge to help off set the cost for the drinks and food if so just let me know.

Looking forward to it and i heard about the 330 gallon planted aquarium. (WOW) cant wait.

Thanks again for the invite nemo14  

zolta

As you know I will be there, now you need twice the food!

k
65 gal tall planted

Gilbotron

Looks like my business travel isn't happening so I'll be there!

I'll be coming from Orleans if anyone in my vicinity needs a ride.

Mike

wolfiewill

Quote from: zolta on February 02, 2017, 08:59:29 PM
As you know I will be there, now you need twice the food!

Pizza! What do you like on it? I'm working on barbequed meat balls and sweet onion.

wolfiewill

It's now less than two weeks 'till the Plantaholics get together and I would like to get an idea as to how many are coming. I need to get the ingredients for snacks, drinks and the like. So who's coming? Please pm me if there are details you wish to discuss - address, phone or email etc.

Also, are there any discussions people would like to bring up specifically. One discussion we need discuss is how we are going to host the Montreal people. We owe them a visit, and I for one am looking forward to rekindling the relationships we started/continued from our visit last year. Cheers. G

lucius

If they are interested in a tour of sorts maybe we can meet up at Le Buffet des continents or Chenoys Deli for early lunch.  Then we head over to La Niche, Critter Jungle and BA's east and then they can head back home.  Or go backwards, BA's, CJ, LaNiche and then dinner in Gatineau.

charlie

Quote from: wolfiewill on February 12, 2017, 11:42:59 AM
It's now less than two weeks 'till the Plantaholics get together and I would like to get an idea as to how many are coming. I need to get the ingredients for snacks, drinks and the like. So who's coming? Please pm me if there are details you wish to discuss - address, phone or email etc.

Also, are there any discussions people would like to bring up specifically. One discussion we need discuss is how we are going to host the Montreal people. We owe them a visit, and I for one am looking forward to rekindling the relationships we started/continued from our visit last year. Cheers. G
Apart from hosting  the Montreal folks , perhaps we can consider discussing the next Plantaholics.
@ Brian , Greg is hosting the gathering.

lucius

Quote from: charlie on February 12, 2017, 12:54:30 PM
@ Brian , Greg is hosting the gathering.

My previous reply was a suggestion on how we can host the Montreal folk.

charlie

Quote from: lucius on February 12, 2017, 01:53:32 PM
My previous reply was a suggestion on how we can host the Montreal folk.
AHH , my bad

Pokki

I'll be there for my first plantahilics

wolfiewill

Ok, so we have 15 confirmed at the moment. I will be sending a group pm with details very early this week to everyone who's coming. Cheers.

charlie

Awesome!! , looking forward to seeing everyone and the host tanks, been a while.
see you all soon.

wolfiewill

Ok, so I've sent a pm to everyone who has indicated they are coming. If you haven't received it let me know. I could only send a pm to 10 at once and there are 20ish, so I've broken the mailing into three in order to get everyone, and I may have missed some. Cheers.