New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics 2.0 Get Together

Started by wolfiewill, January 12, 2017, 12:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

If anyone is interested, I have the following plants available and can bring them to Greg's this Saturday.  Let me know.

All trimmed and bagged.  Got your PM Charlie.

Gilbotron

I'll take some weeping moss please!  Would look great on the the cave scape I just posted...

Thanks,

pm

Going to try to attend this one, but probably have to work on Sat.  If I can swing it, I will try.

exv152

Quote from: lucius on February 22, 2017, 08:37:36 PM
If anyone is interested, I have the following plants available and can bring them to Greg's this Saturday.  Let me know.

Blyxa Japonica
Christmas Moss
Dwarf Sag
Hygrophila Corymbosa 'Compacta'
Hygrophila Difformis
Hygrophila Polysperma
Java Moss
Limnophila Aromitica
Potamogeton Gayi
Salvinia
Weeping Moss

Hi Brian, I'd love to try Potamogeton Gayi. Thanks for the offer.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Ayden.h

Hi, im going to the plantoholics metting I would like some Hygrophila Polysperma if you have any you could spare please and thanks!?

ajm1961

Wasn't sure if you got my PM, but would like some dwarf sag.
Thanks!!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Kalemh

I'm looking for mini pellia and fissidense  fontanus if anyone has it coming to the meeting I would be willing to buy some off them

lucius

Quote from: ajm1961 on February 24, 2017, 05:21:43 AM
Wasn't sure if you got my PM, but would like some dwarf sag.
Thanks!!

Yep, I did.  I have more dwarf sag then the other plants so that's why I didn't cross it off.

poisson

Oops! Sorry for the mass pm, didn't notice the forum posts in time. I think trying out a new plant type would be fun, but don't know which kinds would be best suited for my setup. I'll bring paper for notes and a bag for any potential planty donations (as long as it isn't java moss. that stuff has made too many shrimp disappear...).

charlie

I will bring some Pogostomon Erectus

wolfiewill

I've trimmed my other Bucie and so have lots - I hope. I haven't inspected it yet, but I'm sure there will be some for lots of you. Please do some research online to make sure you can grow it, and if so we'll divy it up for those who want to give it a try. It's been growing in very high light, high CO2, moderate levels of macros and temperatures of 76 to 78 degrees F. Cheers
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

poisson

Quote from: wolfiewill on February 24, 2017, 07:30:54 PM
I've trimmed my other Bucie and so have lots - I hope. I haven't inspected it yet, but I'm sure there will be some for lots of you. Please do some research online to make sure you can grow it, and if so we'll divy it up for those who want to give it a try. It's been growing in very high light, high CO2, moderate levels of macros and temperatures of 76 to 78 degrees F. Cheers

What is a "Bucie"? Google was unable to enlighten me, so I'm assuming this is hobby slang?

charlie

Quote from: wolfiewill on February 24, 2017, 07:30:54 PM
me me me  ;D

poisson

Quote from: poisson on February 24, 2017, 07:40:48 PM
What is a "Bucie"? Google was unable to enlighten me, so I'm assuming this is hobby slang?

Oh! Is it Bucephalandra? It looks gorgeous. If you have enough to spare, I'll put in a request as well. The Aquatic Plant Society website lists the difficulty as "easy" and the lighting requirement as "medium", so I think it should be okay with my setup. Once I get a walstad tank set up, it should do even better.

wolfiewill

Quote from: poisson on February 24, 2017, 07:40:48 PM

Bucephalandra is the genus name. There are apparently no species identified yet, assuming there are individual species. Here's a web site I just got a link to from PlanteTank.net. I haven't read it but it should prove as a start for anyone doing a little research.

http://www.petguide.com/blog/fish/planted-tank-trend-meet-the-bucephelandra/
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

I'll take a buce if you still have any.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Is it Xmas morning? ;D
Dang i feel like a kid on Xmas morning  :P ;D

pm

Assuming I can make it, I too would love to try my hand at a buce plant.

I can easily bring some Rotala rotundifolia and Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini', and maybe some monte carlo... have it emersed, but it may have been overtaken by other plants... need to check.

I might not be able to get there until a little later (closer to 5:00), so if it ends early, could someone post or PM me?

Thanks

daworldisblack

Lol i'd like some of that new Buce too if its not already the one I got from you Greg! Peter, if you can spare some monte carlo, that'd be awesome too!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

ksj

Is it toonlate to attend? Ive got an empty dry 90g waiting to be filled with plants. Fake ones just dont...work.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim