New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

40 breeder planted aquarium

Started by Kalemh, February 01, 2017, 08:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

The tank is looking awesome, that's super good work. I may need some trimmings of the ar mini as mine pretty much completely melted away!

Is the tank fully stocked now with the lamp eyes in there now.

Kalemh

If its ready to trim i can bring some to the next meeting for you no problem.  i may add a showpeice fish or a couple more harlequins im not really sure yet.

charlie

Thanks for sharing Kalem, looking good.
Consider a pair of German Rams or Apistos

Kalemh

Hey guys. I recently noticed these defieciencies starting to show in my ar mini. It would be super helpful if anyone can identify it and maybe give me a solution thanks.

AngelaM

Beautiful tank... and you have Alternanthera reneickii, my favourite plant!

charlie

Quote from: Kalemh on October 12, 2017, 05:35:28 PM
Hey guys. I recently noticed these defieciencies starting to show in my ar mini. It would be super helpful if anyone can identify it and maybe give me a solution thanks.
I have  found that this plant  tends to thrive in good co2 saturation,  whenever my Co 2 levels are off I notice poor growth.
Regards

Kalemh

I had recently raised my co2 levels in the tank can too much co2 cause this ? Because my co2 is currently at about 40 ppm.

charlie

How did you calculate your CO2 levels?

Kalemh

I just retested it today and i have a kh of 3 and ph of 6.4. I am using and api test kit. And i use a ph kh co2 chart  which says im at 36ppm.

charlie

Quote from: Kalemh on November 02, 2017, 04:49:59 PM
I just retested it today and i have a kh of 3 and ph of 6.4. I am using and api test kit. And i use a ph kh co2 chart  which says im at 36ppm.
Try injecting a bit more co2 to bring your ph to 6.3 at lights on
As a precaution only do this when you can be around to monitor the tank.

Kalemh

I think it may be already at that but the api test kit goes form 6.4-6.0 and it seemed a little lighter than the 6.4 on the card.

charlie

Quote from: Kalemh on November 02, 2017, 07:33:37 PM
I think it may be already at that but the api test kit goes form 6.4-6.0 and it seemed a little lighter than the 6.4 on the card.
That is one reason I don't usually suggest ph / kh chart, especially in your case when using phone test kit, not bad for ball park reference.
I will pm you , simply because what I will suggest is not conventional or scientific and can be very misleading to the inexperienced.

Kalemh

Here is what the tank looks like today. The plants are starting to really grow in. My driftwood has been covered by BBA i have tried multiple things to fix it but im starting to think my problem is flow. My filter only circulates the tank under 3 times an hour so i am thinking about adding a circulation pump and checking the effects. Other than the bba the tank is doing great all the fish seem happy and so do the plants.