New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My story with ovas

Started by Kalemh, February 06, 2017, 04:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalemh

Hi I have been in the fish keeping hobby for the last 2 or 3 years specifically planted tank and I am 16. I was told when starting out with aquariums to find a local fish club but never bothered. I just assumed we didn't have one

This year on November 25th I found out about at a pretty great time considering the mini auction was coming up. I was really nervous about attending because I didn't know what to expect or any one in the club.but I convinced myself to attend.

It was a great choice I met a few people who had the same interests as me and got lots of plants and fish I had not seen at local stores but had been looking for. Since then I have been active on the forums in buying from other hobbiest like myself and learning and getting help. Recently I met up with an ovas member learned lots from him and he gifted me a membership to the club.

Overall joining ovas has been a great thing for me with the fish keeping hobby. I encourage shy people like myself to not be afraid to attend the things ovas holds and remember everyone shares a common interest. So I hope writing this convinces some guest forum users to create an account or even attend a meeting or something along those lines

Jody

Well said Kalemh.
I have been involved in the club for over 20 years now,  and I always think it is great to meet new people.
Like Kalemh says,  don't be shy,  we are all enthusiastic people with a hobby similar to yours.
And again, welcome to the club.

Jody

charlie

Awesome!!!!!!!!
Love the fact that you are one of the very few young hobbyist to show such passion for the hobby and now the club.
Like you mentioned, i also hope this inspires others to become more involved, especially the younger hobbyist.
Kudos to you and welcome

exv152

Ditto. Nice to see the younger generation getting involved in a hobby that doesn't involve facebook, snapchat, twitter or xbox live. You should check out the plantaholics, another group here on ovas dedicated to planted tanks only.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Mike L

Welcome Kalemh
Many planted tank enthusiasts on this forum so you'll have lots of input when needed.
Keep us posted on your tanks.
Regards Mike