New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bugs Happening

Started by lucius, February 10, 2017, 08:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

Some weird things seem to be happening on the forum.  ???

Symptoms
- Unable to delete PMs from the inbox
- Unable to see new posts
- Seems like there is no activity on the forum when there is

If you are experiencing any issues, can you try logging out and clearing the cache of your browser.  Then log back into the forum to see if it helps.

Can you also post what type of device (computer, laptop, smartphone) you are on and what browser you are using?

Al

Cleared my cache and everything seems back to normal so far with the issues I was having.

Al

Spoke too soon.
I logged on with my Surface tablet and when I navigate to the classifieds, it goes to the log in page and asks me to log in again. Not on the desktop.
When I logged in on the desktop a few minutes ago, my first response to your post didn't automatically appear in my system as posted - then all of a sudden reappeared.??
I have cleared the cache on both systems.

lucius

Seems like the forum is not remembering members for some reason.  Not sure, I have not done anything on the back end for awhile now.

Al

I don't know if this helps - but I am finding that information comes and goes - from messages to classifieds, classified updates, messages sent - when I hit the refresh, the information that had disappeared, comes back.
But then it goes and cycles again to losing information.

lucius

I can confirm the same thing.  Forum seems to work properly in Firefox.

Issues are happening in Internet Explorer it seems, at least for me.

new_hobby

I use IE 11, see several items (and 1 message) I have read before set as NEW again and again, reread them again, go to another website, go back, still see the same thing, even after delete the cache.

exv152

I'm getting something similar. Everytime I revisit the site I noticed the posts I've already read re-appear as unread in the left side menu.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Al

Another observation - when I navigate between pages, when refreshed the content updates from when opening the page?

The problems seem mostly with IE. Chrome not causing any issues that I can see.

Mike L

Agree with Al. No problems with Firefox on both my phone and pc.
Mike

Al

Still same issues with the site - trying to post classifieds has been torturous. Make an edit and the whole add disappears. Try and repaste into the initial ad and it won't work.
Had to start another "add listing".?
Every page needs a refresh to get anything up to date.

lucius

I had to get the site host provider involved to fix the caching issues.  But because our classifieds is an add-on, whatever they did most likely didn't affect the classifieds.

Will try some things and hope for the best.

lucius

So just to close the loop on this.

I had to contact the site's host provider and they did something on their end.  I still don't understand why it would only affect Internet Explorer users.

The contents of the Shoutbox were purged because the forum logs were reporting a problem but it was not the cause.

New classifieds are in place and they seem to be working well.  I see many ads and the sellers are able to edit them now.  I see them on tapatalk.

Bring on the snow storm!  ;D