New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

80 Gallon rebuild

Started by neon1423, February 12, 2017, 02:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neon1423

Hey all, earlier this week I tore down and rebuild by 80 bowfront. Here is the first pic

charlie

Thanks for sharing.What plants are you using?
Please do post updates as the tank settles down.
Regards

exv152

What kind of LED are you using?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

neon1423

The plants are:
Eleocharis parvula
Hemianthus callitrichoides
Potamogeton gayi
Fissidens fontanus
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Rotala macrandra
Rotala wallichii

The lights are a Deep Blue Solar Flare DX (designed for corals) and a fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0

exv152

Tell us more about your setup, are you using co2, ferts, what's substrate etc?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

neon1423

Im using a 20oz paintball canester for co2 with a dici regulator controlled by a ph monitor. The substrait is ada amazonia, and I use seachem flourish for ferts.

charlie

Quote from: neon1423 on March 03, 2017, 07:55:20 PM
Im using a 20oz paintball canester for co2 with a dici regulator controlled by a ph monitor. The substrait is ada amazonia, and I use seachem flourish for ferts.
If i may , i would suggest you look into a bigger canister for your CO2, not sure how often you need to refill the 20 oz and cost to refill, with a 10 lb for example , it might very well be only a few bucks more that the 20 oz and last much longer , just food for thought.
Is there a specific reason for only dosing Seachem Flourish? , how much & how often?
Regards

neon1423

charlie youre absolutely right and I'm looking to upgrade the tank, but for now its what I got. As for the ferts, I only dose after I do water changes.

exv152

Looks like a good start. I use ADA amazonia too and love it. I'd just suggest increasing the plant mass, the more plants you have the better. Especially fast growing stem plants.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

neon1423

I plan to but I'm moving at the end if April so I'll have to wait till after to add plants