New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Angelfish eggs with Chinese algae eater and flying foxes

Started by nemo14, February 12, 2017, 01:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo14

Hello everyone!

I have a question i have a pair of breading angelfish that had about 150 eggs on my power head filter. Now my question is i also have a  2 Chinese algae eater and 2 flying foxes will they try to eat the eggs or will the parents be able to defend the eggs? They are a young pair of angelfish and they are in a 150 gallon aquarium with a tone of  plants. the Chinese algae eater are only about 2 1/2 inches long and the flying foxes are about 3 inches. i thought to drop some algae wafers that sink to the bottom of the tank to keep them away from the eggs and make sure they are well feed.

Any input or tricks would be nice my last resort would to be to remove them and install to anther aquarium but my goal is to try to get the parents to raise them on there own. I know the success rate is much lower if i leave them in the community tank but by leaving them in the community tank after a few try's i think they will become better parent at least i can only hope.

Thanks in advance everyone.

lucius

My silver flying foxes like nibbling on zucchini.  Maybe you can throw some slices in to see if it will grab their attention.

nemo14