New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Which Evening Would You Be Available to Attend a Meeting?

Started by lucius, February 16, 2017, 08:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

Since it was mentioned in the other thread that Mondays is not good for many people, which evening would you be available to attend a meeting?

Maybe the night can be changed for the 2017-2018 season?

Please take a second to choose an evening that best suits your schedule.

TIA.

Kelly

Friday evenings are great, after a meeting most members have free time over the weekend to shop for items or have time to actively use any newly learned lessons.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

Jody

Monday is the best day for me just because of my work schedule, though Tues pm could work as well.

Jody

lucius

In case anyone has missed it, I put up a poll at the top of this thread to cast your vote but comments are welcome as always.

Votes are anonymous and you can only vote once.  Polling closes on May 29th, the last meeting of this season and the night of the elections.

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

lucius

wolfiewill

I'm available on multiple days in most weeks. Can we also be able to vote for more than one night? I like the Friday, Saturday option best. Weekdays are hectic.... yes guys, even for me..... :)
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

lucius

Go with your first choice for now.  

If there is a tie and assuming next seasons execs do want to change the day, I can create a second poll.

lucius

Bump.

Personally, I prefer a weeknight.  Saturday afternoons is water change time for me unless I have plans, then I move it to Friday night or Sunday afternoon.  Evening weekends is with family and/or friends.

rivermuse

Made a mistake, I was supposed to vote Monday but marked Wednesday (I was thinking what other days other than Monday).

charlie

I like Friday,simply because it`s most likely the one evening where most folks are off the next day.
We have seen the attendance at meetings for the last few years, so in my opinion it`s time for change , not much to loose.
Regards

lucius

Quote from: rivermuse on March 22, 2017, 05:07:27 PM
Made a mistake, I was supposed to vote Monday but marked Wednesday (I was thinking what other days other than Monday).

Sorry, I can't change it for you so it will have to be counted manually at the end.

lucius

Quote from: charlie on March 22, 2017, 07:11:14 PM
I like Friday,simply because it`s most likely the one evening where most folks are off the next day.
We have seen the attendance at meetings for the last few years, so in my opinion it`s time for change , not much to loose.
Regards

What about out of town presenters?  Would they be wiling to give talks on Fridays and then leave Saturday morning?

Would they even be available on the weekend?

charlie

Quote from: lucius on March 22, 2017, 08:17:37 PM
What about out of town presenters?  Would they be wiling to give talks on Fridays and then leave Saturday morning?

Would they even be available on the weekend?
Going from past experiences with booking speakers, Fridays are much preferred since most of the speakers hold down a regular job.

lucius

Quote from: charlie on March 22, 2017, 08:32:14 PM
Going from past experiences with booking speakers, Fridays are much preferred since most of the speakers hold down a regular job.

I have the same sentiment but reversed as my weekend starts at 5pm on Friday and I don't want to sit down to any more meetings.