New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Annual auction date

Started by james, February 19, 2017, 03:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

Hi
When is the annual auction Taking place.
Thanks

55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

limmer

The details are posted in Aquamania and Giant Auction Section.
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=60093.0

limed

So it's little over a month away, so start saving your $$$$
should be a good one.  For the sellers, start thinking on what
you might sell.  We already have aquarium setups , gravel, rocks,
donated for the auction.

Giant Auction will take place on

Sunday, April 9th 2017

Tom Brown Arena
(141 Bayview Rd, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4M3)

Ed

wolfiewill

How do we volunteer for it? I'll do running again if there are openings?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

pnadon

Quote from: wolfiewill on March 06, 2017, 03:48:39 PM
How do we volunteer for it? I'll do running again if there are openings?

Yes, how do we volunteer? And there's no time mentioned either...  :^)

limed

Normally we start at 9:00am for people bringing stuff to sell. viewing starts around 10:00am
and this year we will have to check when the auction starts, most likely 11:00am. This will go until
the last item is sold.  More information will come soon, and when you can start listing your items for sale
for the auction.  The setup people most likely show up at 8:00am to put up the tables and chairs.
  We will be making a list of the helpers and their duties later as we get organize.

Thanks
Ed

ksj

Will it just be auctions or will anything be sold as 'buy now'? Are the products usually high end things or will there be cheap stuff too?
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

limed

It all depends on what people list. The bidding starts at $2.00 and go up.
There also can be reserve bids that they put a starting Min bid Eg $10.00 so we start at $10.00.
There will be cheap stuff for sure. There are rules that will be posted later about what you can list and not.

Ed

lucius

Here's the subforum of last years Giant Auction to give some ideal on what to expect this year.

<a href="http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?board=101.0">Giant Auction 2016[/url]

fischkopp

Hi Folks,

Good to see that everyone is getting itchy about this years Giant Auction. As mentioned, we will hold the event this year on April the 9th at the Tom Brown Arena, just like last years. And yes, you will have the chance to volunteer, and we hope you do, to make this another smooth fun day!

I will be setting up the registration this week and post additional information. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Robert Hemp
OVAS Auction Chair
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Lexx

Who would one contact if they had items to donate to the club for the auction?

Morgan

sidarnold

Hi Morgan. Thanks very much for the offer and we appreciate anything you might have to donate. I would contact "limmer" (in this thread) about coordinating a donation. If you were to bring the item(s) the morning of the auction that would be great - if not, OVAS could meet with you for a transfer. Appreciated.

Sid Arnold (OVAS Vice-President)

Lexx

Thanks Sid. Ed has already contacted me explaining this. I will get in touch with limmer tonight.

fischkopp

Actually, donating items is very easy:

When you register your items online, there is an option/checkbox for each item to mark it as donation. Just check it upon registration, and you are done.

Thank you for considering a donation!

Robert Hemp
OVAS Auction Chair

PS: For those who can't wait to get started, the registration portal is online! :) As mentioned, I will post more information shortly.

OVAS Giant Auction Item Registration

Registered Item Preview

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Kalinkacat

I would be willing to help out as long as I am sitting down.

Thanks,

Kalinkacat