New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Glutaraldehyde

Started by ksj, March 02, 2017, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksj

I was wondering if anyone knewnwhere I could get some around ottawa? Or if someone already has some that they are willing to share?
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

charlie

This thread may be of some help , although it does not answer your question.
:-[ :-[
Sorry forgot to add the link
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=59855.0

ksj

Thank you very much for the link. There are several medical supply stores in ottawa so this should wotk.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

lucius

If I recall, there is/was a medical supply store in Kanata that sold Metricide but you had to buy an entire pallet.  So this is why we had to go the online route. 

ksj

I emailed a few places and got this back.

We have a few of these in stock; glutaraldehyde (4L) $26.30, Cidex (4L) $67.00 and Metricide 28 (4L) $31.00.

Feel free to come in store we have stock available on hand. Otherwise, we can delivery.

Let me know if you wish to proceed with an order.

J M

Jean-Marc Morin
Home Healthcare Consultant
Ontario Medical Supply Inc.
T: 613.244.4560  x. 22210
F: 613.244.4686  -  "
~Kim

charlie

Quote from: ksj on March 10, 2017, 06:52:58 PM
I emailed a few places and got this back.

We have a few of these in stock; glutaraldehyde (4L) $26.30, Cidex (4L) $67.00 and Metricide 28 (4L) $31.00.

Feel free to come in store we have stock available on hand. Otherwise, we can delivery.

Let me know if you wish to proceed with an order.

J M

Jean-Marc Morin
Home Healthcare Consultant
Ontario Medical Supply Inc.
T: 613.244.4560  x. 22210
F: 613.244.4686  -  "
Thanks for sharing, for the uninitiated like myself , is the  glutaraldehyde (4L) Metricide 14?
Is the  Metricide 28 double the strength of the Metricide 14?
Out of my comfort zone here  ;)

lucius

Doing a few searches on the inter-mer-net, shows that the difference between 14 and 28 is the number of days that Metricide will last as a disinfectant.  For our purposes, Metricide 14 should suffice.  Looks like Cidex has the higher concentration of glutaraldehyde hence the heftier price.

ksj

Bad news. Just got an order of the glurtaralehyde delivered and its pre-activated. I believe that means its useless for aquarium use. I hope my warning doesnt come too late for anyone else.
~Kim