New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Planted fish bowl?

Started by charlie, March 06, 2017, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hello all planted aquarium hobbyist!!!!
I would like to start a fun project for us plant lovers  ;)and just checking on interest and willingness to participate, should the response be favorable it can be started in 2 weeks and conclude at the final meeting for this season ( May 29th)
Here is what i`m proposing - All participants would be required to start a small planted fish bowl or similar 1 gallon maximum, scape/decorate it to your hearts delight  ;), bring it to the May 29th meeting to be viewed and voted on by the attendees present. I`ll try to work out some small reward, perhaps the club may contribute ( hint hint  ;)) along with a LFS.
Let me hear your thoughts and willingness to participate
What say you?

Gilbotron

Very cool idea.  I'm interested! 

Maybe auction them off at the meeting with proceeds going to creator, club and/or local charity?

Kalemh

I would definitely be interested in doing this great idea errol

charlie

2 persons so far, come on guys lets get this party started, we just had 18+ planted tank hobbyist get together.

Ayden.h

this would be such a cool thing to start good idea errol

poisson

I love this idea. I won't be in Ottawa, but maybe next year if the date is different. I just found a lovely glass container for a planted shrimp bowl too, what good timing!

What about making some up to sell at the next Pet Expo to garner interest in the hobby? It would be a massive pain to transport them and send them off to new homes though, depending on the sizes...

Lexx

I love this idea! And i think i would like to join in. Will they need to be functioning (able to sustain life) or just a planted scape?

Morgan

exv152

Errol, this is a great idea for a fun project. The wabi-kusa trend has been hugely popular for sometime, and I been planning to do one. Just can't seem to find the time. This could also be a great idea for a new thread in the planted section of the forum.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

tanksalot360

charlie

daworldisblack

I think I have just the container in mind. In!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie