New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Volunteers needed for 2017 Giant Auction!

Started by fischkopp, March 13, 2017, 11:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

Hi fellow fish nuts!

We are gearing up to our annual Giant Auction, which will take place this year at the Tom Brown Arena on April 9th 2017.

Preparation are well on the way, but we need your help to make the day a success. Like every year we are call out to members and friends of the club to step up and volunteer.

At the auction day we need people for the following tasks:

• Auctioneer - you will be at the center of the action, presenting the item and calling the bids. Latin language skills and a certain knowledge of aquaria are great asset, but if you are cool, open and communicative you will do just as good of a job
  • Runner - you are the backbone of each auction, keep items moving to auctioneer and buyer. It's an healthy alternative to sitting in the audience for a whole day. It's you who keep the day go smoothly.
  • Raffle - you will be promoting raffle ticket sales. People will come to you. Being loud always helps to draw the attention to you. Or you jump on the tables - we leave that to your comfort.

Please contact me or indicate in this thread if you would like to participate for any of these actives.

Some of you already indicated that you would like to volunteer here - great! You don't have to repeat yourself. We will be in contact with you closer to the event.

Cheers,
Robert Hemp
OVAS Auction Chair
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

wolfiewill

I'm in as a runner again. I have lots of fun doing this and getting together with other OVAS people. If anyone is new to OVAS this is a great way to meet new people and have some fun. And don't forget the terrific stuff available. Prices are often ridiculous.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Jody

I am happy to help out with set up and as a runner as needed

Jody

missavgp

I'd like to be a runner again, I have had a lot of fun the past few years doing that.  :)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

Pokki

I would like to be a runners if still need help

sidarnold

Thanks for the offers of help. OVAS will need a minimum of 10 volunteer runners for the day of the auction.

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Dxpert

I would be happy to be a runner this year also.

ajm1961

If you need an auctionneer, I'm available!

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

sidarnold

Thanks to everyone so far who have offered their help. Still need more volunteers for runners. Greatly appreciated by the OVAS 2017 Auction team. I will be in contact in the next few weeks.

Sid Arnold
Volunteer Coordinator

Kalinkacat

As long as I am sitting down, I can help out.

Ayden.h

I could help in setup

tanksalot360

rivermuse

I can run. And can work out so that I will be available at the most critical time you need me. I will be available for at least 3 hours. Possibly I can spend more time but that will be ad hoc. (I'm advised not to lift very heavy objects just so you know - limitation only on very heavy things). If "runner" positions are saturated, you may delegate any other task to me. Thanks.

limed

Setup bodies should be at Tom Brown around 8:00am Sunday 9th and the buyer's and seller's
and volunteers should be coming in around 9:00am.  Auction will start at 11:00am.
  We will most likely setup like last year, seems to work great last year.

Ed

limed

Saturday is the last day to Register your item 11:59pm.
Lets get listing....  Sellers, try to get there early 9:00am- 11:00am Sunday to
get your labels to put on your bags. 
  Yes, we will have hot dogs $1.50 or dog and drink $2.00 ,chip 50 cents, drinks $1.00
just like last year. We will start selling at first break to when we run out.

Ed

limed

Today Saturday 8:00pm midnight is the dead line to register your items before higher rates
cut in. Hope to see everyone out on Sunday, should be a nice day ,don't have to worry about
freezing/snow this weekend.

Have a great day and think fish auction.

Ed