New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Montreal is coming!!!

Started by charlie, May 12, 2017, 07:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

As some of you may know, we had the good fortune to pay a visit to Montreal as guest of the planted tank hobbyist, it`s now our turn to return the gesture and play host to our plant loving hobbyist from Montreal, to this end we( planted tank hobbyist of Ottawa) will be hosting our neighbor and friends on Sunday May 28th.
So far the plan is to have our visitors tour a few of planted tank hobbyist homes, Tanksalo360 , Gibortorn and wolfiewill has opened their homes and tanks for this visit, if anyone else is up to joining these guys please indicate in this thread or PM me.
there is also plans to visit Big Al`s on Innis road and Critter Jungle who has kindly offered to look into to a special offer for this venture.Any our plant hobbyist who is willing to join us as part of the hosting group and final tour and reception , please let us know.
Regards

wolfiewill

Just to add my two cents worth.... I went to Mtl for that trip and it was very, very nice. Well worth the trip.

I have found the whole hobby experience has become so much more rewarding as I met more and more people from the OVAS area. I am now finding that the people from Mtl also just as much fun and knowledgeable. So, I strongly recommend to all of the planted tank people to join us for this event. We are going to get to view new tanks in the area, and get lots of info about how others do stuff. I am constantly surprised at the inventiveness of others who have solved problems I have been trying to solve as well. And sometimes these solutions are so much more simple than I thought.

And a big thanks to charlie for organizing this for us. So who's going to join us. As a host, I need to know how many will be here, as will the other hosts. Cheers.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Kalemh

I would love to come and see what everyone else tis doing and as well bring your bucket back Greg . I will have to double check with family and make sure i can do that i will get back for sure another time

charlie

Come on guys, can you please post who is attending, Greg needs to know
So far the visitors along with  any interested parties will be visiting tanksalot and  Gilbotron , then big als , Critter jungle  depending on time, then to Greg and his 300 plus gallon master piece along with his other tanks.
My tanks are just stuffed with plants and livestock in holding mode not mention they have been neglected, so nothing show here.

ksj

I'd like to go, if it's not too much trouble.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

missavgp

I would love to come but have family coming in from out of town that weekend so not sure I can get away.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

wolfiewill

Quote from: ksj on May 22, 2017, 02:29:45 PM
I'd like to go, if it's not too much trouble.

Absolutely not. I'm marking you down for it.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

I'd like to attend too, but will have to leave early, around 5pm.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

Quote from: exv152 on May 23, 2017, 07:10:04 AM
I'd like to attend too, but will have to leave early, around 5pm.

No problem. This'll be fun.

Kalinkacat

I would love to attend.  What time, where do we meet and should I rent a car?

Thanks,

Karin Lee

matttimms49

I would like to come along for some of the day. What are the meeting details?

wolfiewill

Ok, we are now 7 from the Ottawa area, and 5 from Montreal. I have Gilbotron, tanksalot360, charlie, exv152, ksj, Kalinkacat, matttimms, and myself. Have I missed anyone? I'm using regular email to correspond with everyone so please pm me with your first name and email address if you would like to participate. Cheers.

Jody

For those coming on the tour, I spoke with Marlon at the Innes store and he is willing to give a bit of a bonus on the plants to the tour.
The more you buy the bigger the deal..but speak to him when you go, and let him know you are the plant guys tour.

Jody

charlie

Thanks for the support Jody, it`s appreciated.

matttimms49

Just PM'd you.

I just realised that I am going to be without a car for this weekend. Is there any chance of a carpool with anyone or I may be able to meet you at critter jungle. I live close to the Carling one.

Cheers

th3budd

Jody

Hi Folks,

So in talking Marlon here is the deal he came up with for the tour on Sunday.
Buy 3 plants, get one free
Buy 5 plants, get 2 free
Buy 7 plants, get 3 free.

Thanks
Jody

charlie

Awesome !!!.
Would that include Tropica 1 2 grow?.

Dxpert

Even though I'm late to the discussion I'm looking forward to joining everyone Sunday.

Jody

Sorry,  the plant deal doesn't cover the 1 2 grow..
But you can always hit up Marlon for a better deal on them..lol

Jody