New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Speakers

Started by Jody, May 13, 2017, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya Folks,

Just thinking a bit and was wondering which club members would be interested in speaking in one of their fields of interest.
It could be full presentations or even 15-20 minutes of talking about their hobby.

Anything and everything aquarium related goes. Fresh or salt, fish, plant or inverts..
It looks like there are some great people running for exec next season, and if we can harness some of the other club members as well to do presentations, that would be amazing.

For myself, obviously cichlids are my passion, and I could talk about them all day, old or new world, and I may throw something together at some point too if needed. I was thinking maybe a talk about aquarium myths could be fun, but who knows what else will come to my mind at 2 am some night..lol

So if you have something that you would like to speak about,  let us know.

Jody

Selenacrowe

I was talking to Tommy from ShrimpFever in Toronto he may be interested in coming back to speak again.

Jody

That would be great for sure.
I was thinking more making a bit of a list of club members that would be willing and able to perhaps speak to the club.

The idea is to get more member involvement and hopefully excitement.

Jody

Dxpert

Great idea Jody. I would be interested in sharing some knowledge around aquarium automation with the Neptune Apex system. It would be great to have a joint presentation with a couple other members that have found greater success with this system. I can think of a few that might be interested in sharing.

Jody

Yeah, I think there are a bunch of people that would be interested in aquarium automation. 
A few short talks in a night could make for a great evening, or even a short after the break little talk would be cool.

Jody

Jody

I know there are people out there passionate about their hobby, and as a club, we would love to hear from you.
10 minutes, 15 minutes.. just a simple talk about what your interests are, successes you have had, or even failures that you have learned from.