New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What's your water PH? Any small fish recommendations for 8PH+

Started by sippingtowel, May 28, 2017, 12:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippingtowel

Greetings everyone, what's your PH on the tap? What about your aquarium? I notice that with the tap water from the city, I have is above 8.8PH and that the PH on my aquarium is at 8.0-8.2. That seems awfully high.

I'd also like some advice on what fish species to pick, once again i got over 8.0 PH water and it is also quite hard. I'm interested in small schooling species.
29 gallon using chihiros a-series, beginner/newbie attempting to do aquascaping/planted aquarium with fish and shrimp. Stocked with some pearlweed, riccia, crypt, ghost shrimp, b.mollies and neons.

Vandruis

Depends on what part of the city you're at. The water naturally around here (judging by what I've pulled out of the Jock River as I live in Richmond) is pretty high pH.

Out of the tap for us is about 7.6, and after it's been sitting in my tank with the other rocks and aragonite it's around 8.0.

I keep cichlids though, so your mileage may vary, depending on what you keep.

I'm glad I've had a love for cichlids since I was a kid, moving here was a blessing. No more treating water with salt and other minerals.