New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New OVAS member

Started by Box Jockey, May 30, 2017, 09:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Box Jockey

Hi everyone​ I'm Keith (Box Jockey) , I'm very new to the aquarium/fishkeeping hobby having just setup my first aquarium in April 2017. Since then I've been bitten hard by the hobby bug and now spend hours each night devouring any and all information, how to guides and YouTube videos related to the hobby.
I was at the year end meeting Monday night and saw an awesome aquascaping demo! That demonstration alone was worth the cost of the membership.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all again in September.
"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa

Gilbotron

Welcome to the club and the hobby! You'll find the club a great resource for all kinds of things - fish, plants, info, how to, assistance, equipment, etc. 

What kind of tank did you set up?  Fresh/Salt? Planted? Size? What kind of fish?

Be sure to post some pics and reach out anytime you need any info or help.

matttimms49

welcome to Ovas! I agree the meeting was really good on Monday and I kinda regret not bidding for the tank! haha

This group is full of people who know their stuff about aquariums, they have helped me with advice and hopefully you find the group useful as well.

Looking forward to hearing about your aquarium.

Jody

Hi Keith,

It was nice meeting you on Monday, and welcome to OVAS.

Any questions you have, fish news or just interesting things you learn, feel free to ask or share here.

Jody

charlie

Welcome to the club and forum, don't be shy with your questions  and photo journey of your tanks.
Nice to have you aboard .

Philnashbass

Exciting time for you. It's a great hobby. Welcome.
50 gal. CADLights cube with 15 gal. CADlights sump:
CADLights PLS 100 skimmer
AI Vega LED with controller
Ocellaris pair in LTA, Sml. Hippo Tang,  Powder Brown Tang, Favia, Gorgonia, Frog Spawn, Rhodactis, Sun Coral, Open Brain, Colt Coral, Plate Coral

220 gal. with 80 gal. sump:
Vortex IN 280 skimmer
8 Bulb Teklight T5's, Reefbrite actinic
Pair Gold Bar Maroon Clowns (extra lrg. female), Hippo Tang, Lrg. Pink Tail Trigger, Blue Face Angel,  Kole Tang, Humu Humu Trigger,  2 Yellow Tangs...3 RBTA's, Hammer Coral, Torch Coral, Frog Spawn, Leather Coral