New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bargain finds - Idea for new sub topic

Started by matttimms49, June 02, 2017, 03:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Hey Ovas people!

I was wondering if there was a place in the forum already where we can post really good bargains that we find online or instore so that other people can take advantage of them?

If not could there possibly be a new sub section created?

I saw this on the Aquatop website and thought it was a very good saving

https://www.aquatop.com/products/nano-sky-high-clarity-low-iron-glass-aquarium-ns-7g?variant=37439700743

only $18 shipping too which is way below the original price.

anyways, i'm always on the look out for a bargain :) happy weekend everyone!

new_hobby

Thanks for posting.
I am always look for a bargain too. Specially fish food, we used to have group order from KenFish every year, but not this year.

lucius

I'm always in for a bargain as well but our sponsors have priority when it comes to advertising sales IMO.  I would not consider this a group buy unless some of you actually got together to order this item.

matttimms49

ah OK I didn't realise about the sponsors. So is it not OK to share links to items on a good sale in different stores?

Dxpert

Do we have a rule around posting links to purchase sites outside of our sponsors? It's an honest question,I'm just not sure of the rules

lucius

No rule per se but consider this.  I don't know matttimms49 so I have no ideal if he is associated with Aquatop or not.  What if it turns out he's their sales rep or runs a business and is trying to push their products freely on the forum?  This would not be fair to the paying sponsors.

Not going after you matttimms49 just using your post as an example.  I guess this is something for the new execs to discuss perhaps on whether it would be a good ideal to create a bargain sub forum.