New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Rebirth of the 79 gallon starfire

Started by charlie, June 03, 2017, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

I really like the look of Alternanthera reineckii mini. Does it definitely need Co2 to grow, or would it do alright without?

charlie

Quote from: matttimms49 on July 28, 2017, 11:47:38 AM
I really like the look of Alternanthera reineckii mini. Does it definitely need Co2 to grow, or would it do alright without?
I have never tried it without CO2, that said Dennis Wong claims it can be done without CO2, but the coloration will not be as intense .
Regards

charlie

Here is an updated picture from this morning .

Gilbotron

Looks amazing!

How many Embers do you have in there? Nice sized swarm and they really stand out against the frosted back.

What plant is this?  I really like it.

charlie

Quote from: Gilbotron on August 02, 2017, 12:33:16 PM
Looks amazing!

How many Embers do you have in there? Nice sized swarm and they really stand out against the frosted back.

What plant is this?  I really like it.

Thanks Mike.
There should be around 110 Embers, the plant is Rotala " Bonsai"
http://tropica.com/en/plants/plantdetails/Rotala'Bonsai'(033ETC)/4451.
Regards

charlie

matttimms49

This is looking great, the carpets look really good. :)

Kalemh

tank looks really good i love the rotala bonsai. what did you use to on the sides of the tank is it just paint? or ?
TIA

charlie

@ Matt & Kalemh  thanks for the compliment.
I used white vinyl on the back and sides.
Regards

Jeff1192

Looks awesome as always.  Love the white background and sides. Very different but works really well!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

fischkopp

Looking pretty nice, looks like you go the hang of it ... :P ... seeing that really wants me to go out and fill up my CO2 bottles again.

Is this just plain hair grass?

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Hi Robert it's Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini'