New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fishroom expansion

Started by Jody, June 11, 2017, 10:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Thanks!
It is only most of the basement..lol

Jody

Okay,  so one more rack up and running.
One concern I had with the plumbing in the tanks is that it is a single stand pipe overflow. The thing I don't like about that,  is if there is a clog or blockage the only place for the water to go is over the sides of the tank.
So I came up with this. I reduced the height of the stand pipe,  put in a tee with a 45 degree attached to the side. Then put in some quilting plastic as a screen on the side.
This gives a backup just below the rim of the tank so flooding should be avoided. I feel much safer with this system in place.

Dxpert

Great fix, good idea. Is this a preventative/proactive fix or was this reactive as a result of a problem? With so many gallons in the room, what if there was a major problem, where would the water go? Is there a drain close by?

Jody

It is totally proactive,  based on past experience.
The drain is in the other room,  but depending on the size of a flood the damage should be minimal. No hardwood floors,  just linoleum.
Al my other tanks have a similar idea overflow which works well and has prevented a couple of potential floods.